true_blue1878

Member: Rank 1
Advertising..

I think you should start an advertising campaign now while people are panicking about the IMDB forums going away.. because in a few months people won't think to look for another place. They will just forget about it.
Facebook adverts directed at movie / TV fans maybe?
Also google optimisation is a useful thing to look into. Try to link/entangle search results for IMDB forums with this site.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Indeed that's a fine piece of advice. We are in fact in the process of getting an Facebook and Twitter accounts to start promoting this, it's just that we are doing too much stuff at the same time and we don't want to burn out in the process.

We now have an official team a new moderator in place and a much better structure than 3 days ago. This is definetly our next item on the list.

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5

this is a much better design for the sub forums
That would only work if there are a few sub-forums, at most.

I'm bummed that Asian Cinema isn't visible unless you click something but I don't think you could put even the four Films Around the World sub-forums on a line like that without it looking crowded.

Hunter28

Member: Rank 3
Nice job

The more I explore this site the more I like it. Just needs more people sighing up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
We are doing our best to please everyone as much as we can with all the freedom and without the Trolls or bullies!

I hope you keep on liking it more and get everyone onboard you can find.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
The Old Suggestion Box

Please post all suggestions, ideas and requests here for possible new things that could allow IMF to continue to improve it as a user experience, from suggesting thread titles, to suggesting new ideas of tweaking the site in other ways.

Your valuable input helps! :)

suggestion-box-logo.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Am looking forward to the Franchise threads. Particularly one for the Alien movie series if possible.

Thanks also for the Star Trek subcatagories. :)

DeJoHnNiE

Oh yeah, I forgot to add them
I will sort that tomorrow together with the Networks one...

Good idea btw... And suggest anything, also for the Social Zone...

I have done a lot of GFX stuff like Avatars and signatures, so I will be starting a thread soon where members can request either one if they would like a custom avatar or sig

yW

duzit

Member: Rank 6
The forum is less than 24 hours online but still, that doesn't mean you can't suggest.

We are in the process of getting an SMTP-relay since that's urgent so new users won't get the e-mail confirmation in their spam folder. After that is solved the next step is to activate Facebook/Twitter authentication.

If more stuff comes to your mind, that you see not working, please, do not hesitate to suggest in this thread.

Please bare in mind that we are working on adding everything from the IMDb boards as much as possible. All requests are appreciated but give us time to put everything in place first.

This will take some time since we have to add everything manually and can only do so much in the time we have.:cool:

Thank you for understanding!
Could you expand the "help" section to include the how-to 's that are not so understood by us less tech savy members. Thanks for reading...:cool:

DeJoHnNiE

Could you expand the "help" section to include the how-to 's that are not so understood by us less tech savy members. Thanks for reading...:cool:
Yes, will see if I can get something in place today, thank you for the suggestion.

DeJoHnNiE

Don't be sorry and ask whenever you need to, that's why we are here. I do use a pinch of sarcasm once in a while, but you'll get used to that

I am used to having a Test/Tags page that allows users to test bbcode etc, but we have a More Options feature wich included a Preview select and here you can also see wether or not it works before posting.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
@skribb That's gonna get fixed when the new Xenforo 2.0 comes out, it does have the built in theme functionality to show the forums EXACTLY as you point in the example.

For this to change today, I would need to setup a new theme and they are not free. I do not consider wise to buy a theme now to implement that functionality, tweak it to fit the current style and then just trash everything when Xenforo 2.0 comes out. I think waiting is our best option and it's not gonna be here in a couple of months, it's gonna be here real soon.

@sitenoise don't worry, it won't get crowded, there are some neat ways to add that forums visibility without making a mess of everything.