Harry Skywalker

Member: Rank 1
No... You [the members] can and are free to create threads about whatever or whoever you want. The only thing we [Staff] have to do is when there is a need for a new Category, if you have something and can't find a place for it, we are the only ones that can create Main or Sub Categories. The rest of the Forum is free, everyone can create new Threads.
Ah, maybe I didn't understand it correctly. I thought that this forum would be able to have individual pages to individual message boards abut individual movies, TV shows or actors, or something else.

Like this one, for example:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/board/threads/

I understand, but did you miss me saying about the Up Arrow? This will allow you to jump to the top without scrolling. It is visible at all times everywhere.
Yes, I know about the arrow. But I still was asking if a bottom bar was possible because it's still way more smooth.

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
I thought that this forum would be able to have individual pages to individual message boards abut individual movies, TV shows or actors, or something else
Again, you thought correctly... As your example, if you create that Thread/Board for that movie then that will be a individual thread/board for that specific title. The fact it doesnt exist yet is due to no one starting it yet and this is where you [the members] are free to start anything as you please.

The one thing only Staff has to do is if a certain Category [not a thread/board] like Franschises, or when a sub Category [not a thread/board] like Star Wars needs to be added.

I still was asking if a bottom bar was possible
Will add it to the list of suggestions nonetheless, if possible and no problem, it will be implemented. Please be patient as we are working round the clock and can only do so much everyday to make this place to what it is today.

Harry Skywalker

Again, you thought correctly... As your example, if you create that Thread/Board for that movie then that will be a individual thread/board for that specific title. The fact it doesnt exist yet is due to no one starting it yet and this is where you [the members] are free to start anything as you please.

The one thing only Staff has to do is if a certain Category [not a thread/board] like Franschises, or when a sub Category [not a thread/board] like Star Wars needs to be added.
Ah yes! I was getting a bit confused because I thought you were saying that we can only create threads and not boards, because both things are pretty different. That answer makes me so happy! Thank you!

Will add it to the list of suggestions nonetheless, if possible and no problem, it will be implemented. Please be patient as we are working round the clock and can only do so much everyday to make this place to what it is today.
Don't worry, take the time all you guys want. What matters is quality, not rushing it.

;)

Last edited:

Harry Skywalker

Imposible to mantain, in fact, why do you think imdb is closing the boards?. Yes, exactly, it got out of hand, way out of hand. What we can do is create subforums for movies that are requested by the majority of the community, we will do polls for that.
Actually IMDb is closing the boards (probably they are gonna put them again in the future) due to pure greed and pure incompetence.

It's not exactly a problem concerning their huge database.

;)

Harry Skywalker

Possibility of Rating Movies

I really think that having the possibility of rating movies in this site (if possible) would boost the popularity of IMDF. A rating system similar to the one from IMDb.

What do you guys think?

PLEASE VOTE!

Last edited by a moderator:

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
We can rate movies.
If Cats Disappeared from the World (Sekai kara neko ga kietanara) [2016] • Japan ... 6.0137/10

I just rated one loll.gif

Tuco

Member: Rank 2
While I agree that it would be popular, and while I usually cast ratings at IMDB, I don't like it. The reason is that there is no general consensus about how people rate movies.

For example, I always -- and I mean ALWAYS -- start the process by giving a movie a rating of "5". To me, that is an average movie. It then gets or loses points based on story, acting, staging, cinematography, direction, production values, etc. But I'm pretty sure that that's not how the majority of people cast their ratings. I believe that most people rate based on emotional reactions. To me, that is not useful.

Just my opinion.

DeJoHnNiE

Although I like the idea of a rating system for the members, we must keep in mind that the IMDb and their Message boards have no relations with eachother. Having a system like that is not possible unless we start a new IMDb or RT or any similair rating system site and then link these together.

My idea, what could be done in the future, is to embed ratings from IMDb or RT, wich will be linked to the database, will change when ratings are being added [by the world] and are clickable if they are on site. This means you can see ratings made on IMDb and share your own rating.

While I agree that it would be popular, and while I usually cast ratings at IMDB, I don't like it.
+1... I don't like them either, people really abuse or just don't know how to use a rating system as it was intended. It would be easier to have 2 choices: You like it or you don't and show that, kinda like the Youtube thumbsup/down system. Then again, all the rating systems can be abused one way or another.

However, I'm not making any promises as this does take some recoding and installing addons that are not free. We would need a big community and a thriving site to even consider the option.

My 2ct :p

filmfan95

Member: Rank 3
There should be a vote for "I don't care either way," because I personally don't. I never cared about the amount of stars a movie got anyway, because I judge movies based on how much I enjoyed them personally, not based on how many people liked them.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Does anyone use "Tapatalk" and if so, do you like it? I'm looking for a mobile forum interface.
Thanks for any info.:)♡

DeJoHnNiE

Tapatalk is supported and recommended for mobile devices. It works pretty good with Android so far on my Galaxy S5.

DeJoHnNiE

You log into the Forum with the same pw as you use here.

On top of that, if you want more features, then create a Tapatalk account.

It's two different things :)

Harry Skywalker

Although I like the idea of a rating system for the members, we must keep in mind that the IMDb and their Message boards have no relations with eachother. Having a system like that is not possible unless we start a new IMDb or RT or any similair rating system site and then link these together.

My idea, what could be done in the future, is to embed ratings from IMDb or RT, wich will be linked to the database, will change when ratings are being added [by the world] and are clickable if they are on site. This means you can see ratings made on IMDb and share your own rating.

+1... I don't like them either, people really abuse or just don't know how to use a rating system as it was intended. It would be easier to have 2 choices: You like it or you don't and show that, kinda like the Youtube thumbsup/down system. Then again, all the rating systems can be abused one way or another.

However, I'm not making any promises as this does take some recoding and installing addons that are not free. We would need a big community and a thriving site to even consider the option.

My 2ct :p
In general I think what you''ve said is a very good idea. IMDb message boards being from a separated identity than the rest of IMDb is just another proof why IMDb is just full of BS for closing them!

Regarding your "Youtube System like and dislike idea", with due all respect I always find that an absolute terrible idea honestly. For me to rate a movie should always be by numbers. Just saying Like or Dislike a movie is so weak and shows almost nothing.

I dislike Elysium and I give it a weak 5/10. I don't just dislike Batman & Robin, I absolutely hate that crap and give it 1/10. As you can see I do "Dislike" both movies, but both situations are not even close to each other.

There should be a vote for "I don't care either way," because I personally don't. I never cared about the amount of stars a movie got anyway, because I judge movies based on how much I enjoyed them personally, not based on how many people liked them.
Then you have a simple solution: don't rate the movies, ignore the ratings, but let other people rate movies how much they like.

See? Very easy solution.

Last edited:

Heeeeey

Does anyone use "Tapatalk" and if so, do you like it? I'm looking for a mobile forum interface.
Thanks for any info.:)♡
Since I have wireless, I usually use the full desktop versions of websites, so I haven't tried Tapatalk yet. I'll try it for this site when I'm on my tablet because they don't have the desktop version for tablet.

duzit

I know that. I log in here using my Google info w no problem. When I use my Google pw @ TT trying to log into the forum, I get incorrect pw. When I look up my pw here under profile, it says I don't have one, asked for one to be emailed, so that's what I did. TT isn't recognizing my Google pw.

duzit

Since I have wireless, I usually use the full desktop versions of websites, so I haven't tried Tapatalk yet. I'll try it for this site when I'm on my tablet because they don't have the desktop version for tablet.
Hi,
Your post is very interesting to me because my only choice is a mobile device. I am having some problems using the site. Not blaming the site, but problems on my end. For 1 thing: 1200 smiley's crashes a tab, therefore I cannot use. Because of my own ignorance I don't know how to cut & paste using a tablet therefore when I reply to posts, I don't know how to do a "mention" or a partial text quote. I was hoping Tapatalk might be of some help, but now I having some pw issue with it. I really want to actively participate here, but it would be easier just to lurk. Thanks for reading, I just needed to chat to someone that may be experiencing some of my own mobile issues. ♡

Heeeeey

Hi,
Your post is very interesting to me because my only choice is a mobile device. I am having some problems using the site. Not blaming the site, but problems on my end. For 1 thing: 1200 smiley's crashes a tab, therefore I cannot use. Because of my own ignorance I don't know how to cut & paste using a tablet therefore when I reply to posts, I don't know how to do a "mention" or a partial text quote. I was hoping Tapatalk might be of some help, but now I having some pw issue with it. I really want to actively participate here, but it would be easier just to lurk. Thanks for reading, I just needed to chat to someone that may be experiencing some of my own mobile issues. ♡
This is the only site where I don't see the desktop version.

Usually, if you're on a site like eBay, if you scroll to the bottom they have the 'classic' view, or 'full view', or 'desktop'. I forgot which. That shows the desktop version. On IMDb, if you look on the bottom, they have either the mobile or desktop version. I never liked 'mobile' view because it leaves out a lot of content. I think that's if you're on a data plan, it helps with the data cost.

duzit

This is the only site where I don't see the desktop version.

Usually, if you're on a site like eBay, if you scroll to the bottom they have the 'classic' view, or 'full view', or 'desktop'. I forgot which. That shows the desktop version. On IMDb, if you look on the bottom, they have either the mobile or desktop version. I never liked 'mobile' view because it leaves out a lot of content. I think that's if you're on a data plan, it helps with the data cost.
I'm on eBay alot and have no problem, but I don't have to C & P, post, etc., there. Maybe, I'll just wait and see if IMDFORUMS will put a desktop version in. I must apologize for all the caps, it's the auto-correct.
I'm on another forum & they have a "quick reply" which means you don't have to know how to C&P, so I
never learned. I need to find a tutorial on C&P using a table. Might you have any suggestions?
Thanks for listening...♡