Fun A, B, C's Of Film Titles

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
The film is set in 1965, the year Sedgwick met Andy Warhol and became known as his muse and later died of a barbiturate overdose in 1971 at the age of 28.
So, you're saying that they didn't live happily ever after...

G - THE GAME (1997)

Classic Michael Douglas thriller...

duzit

Member: Rank 6
H ~ HAIRBRAINED (2014)

After being rejected from Harvard University, 14-year old genius and outcast Eli Pettifog (Alex Wolff) finds himself at Whittman College, an Ivy League wannabe.

So, you're saying that they didn't live happily ever after...
"Happily ever after" is only in fairy tales, hardly ever in real life ~

ant-mac

K - Kiss Meets The Phantom Of The Park (1978)

File under "So Bad It's Good". You really have to be a Kiss fan to make it all the way through this one.
I once had a sister-in-law who was a huge Kiss fan. It sounds like she'd enjoy this.

L - THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY (1980)

In my opinion, the best British gangster film ever made, with one of the top ten best endings of any film ever.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
M - Muppets From Space (1999)

Probably the weakest installment of the Muppet franchise. There are some funny moments, but a far cry from the glory days.

ant-mac

M - Muppets From Space (1999)

Probably the weakest installment of the Muppet franchise. There are some funny moments, but a far cry from the glory days.
Whatever happened to PIGS IN SPACE?

N - THE NEVERENDING STORY (1984)

Even as an adult I still enjoy this film, but I always feel ripped off when the closing credits roll... considering the title.

ant-mac

T - TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES (2003)

The last film in this franchise that actually made sense and was worth watching.

chainsaw_metal1

U - Untouchables, The (1987)

The true story of the U.S. Government regulating small business owners out of work. :emoji_wink:

T - TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES (2003)

The last film in this franchise that actually made sense and was worth watching.
I really need to rewatch this movie. I hated it when I saw it, and actually liked Salvation much more. Now I hate the fact that in Salvation, they didn't have the plasma rifles they had in the original movies.

ant-mac

I really need to rewatch this movie. I hated it when I saw it, and actually liked Salvation much more. Now I hate the fact that in Salvation, they didn't have the plasma rifles they had in the original movies.
I really enjoyed number 3 and thought it was the perfect ending to the trilogy. Judgement Day had not been averted, merely delayed. The film was also very deceptive. The audience was led to believe it was about one thing, when in reality, it was about something else entirely.

It had action, humour and tragedy - what more could you ask for? Anything that came after it was totally unnecessary and simply fucked up the story. I've never been able to understand what fans have got against it... :emoji_confused:

V - THE VERDICT (1982)

An excellent courtroom drama with Paul Newman.

ant-mac

Z - ZYZZYX ROAD (2006)

Using an old fashioned street directory, this one would likely be found on the final page...

ant-mac

B - BONNIE AND CLYDE (1967)

Classic gangster film, starring Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway. We saw the short and grisly sequel to this film at the last Academy Awards...

chainsaw_metal1

E - Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex * But Were Afraid To Ask (1972)

A hilarious movie about various kinks and fetishes, ruined by the fact that Woody Allen is a creep.

chainsaw_metal1

G - G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra (2009)

Movies based on action figures? What's next, making action figures based on movies? Movies dedicated to toy sales? What sad, pathetic people would buy such products?

*hangs head in shame*