Fun Whoever Posts Last Wins!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Sorry to hear you feel that way...
It's been a long time coming. The last time I genuinely enjoyed a DOCTOR WHO serial - with the exception of missing serials that have been found or reconstructed - was 1989. That was the last season of Classic Who.

I've never really cared for New Who. And this Xmas special seems like the opportune moment to bow out.

ant-mac

So, you will see the New Doctor regeneration, then bow out?
If it occurs during the Xmas special.

Unfortunately, I might also have to witness the reimagining of the Doctor's first regeneration too, if that fucking moron Moffat decides to rewrite DOCTOR WHO continuity and history yet again.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Won't you give the new Showrunner & new Doctor a chance? We had a discussion once about "equal opportunities".

ant-mac

Won't you give the new Showrunner & new Doctor a chance? We had a discussion once about "equal opportunities".
No, it simply doesn't match up to what I would consider to be an acceptable approach to this... "change of pace."

In any case, in my opinion, true "equal opportunities" in this matter would involve the creation of a parallel TV series involving a rogue female Time Lady going on the run from her people in a stolen time capsule.

ant-mac

My favourite design of all the Enterprises.

I can't quite tell if it's NCC - 1701 or NCC 1701A, but it doesn't matter.

It's still the second most beautiful starship I've ever seen.

ant-mac

It works on every level for me.

I just wish I was out there, rather than stuck here on this small, blue green dot.

duzit

R U going to see "Close Encounters" when it's re-released? I never did see it in a theater, I'd like to see it on a big screen...

ant-mac

No, I saw it in the theatre the first time around - on the same weekend that I saw the first STAR WARS film. I was about nine or ten years old and I felt it was far superior to the first STAR WARS film. Forty years later, I still hold that same opinion. It is one of two films made in 1977 that has had a strong influence on me for my entire life.

And in my opinion, the original theatrical version is still the best version of CEOT3K.

duzit

Night for now. Have to get up early for an appt. tomorrow morning. I'm not a morning person, so anytime I have to be up early is difficult. Bye...