Fun What are you listening to? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Totally modern, a bit synthetic, but a catchy tune that OMD do so well. This is a paean to silent movie star Louise Brooks, featuring clips from Pandora's Box, a film hated by Hitler. A wonderful tribute.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
This is from my "new age" era. I still find that all the tracks have hauntingly, mellow, melodies. This is just one track from the CD: "DREAM SPIRAL" by: Hilary Stagg. I was very surprised to see the whole CD available on YouTube. If you like this, check out the other tracks...they're very ethereal...

michaellevenson

The latest release from Richard H Kirk , the cd Dasein, is really great. This is a typically interesting and dense track called Nuclear Cloud. Not immediately accessible to listen to , but I can see what he's driving at here.
A repetitive wall of sound synth foreground represents the unforgiving relentless radioactive cloud mercilessly sweeping everything in its path, and the accompanying guitar thrashes and vocal elements the chaos created. Death and destruction. Impressive.

michaellevenson

Another track from Australia's finest The Church. The latest release featured Ian Haug ex of another fine Aussie band Powderfinger.
Haug appeared on writing credits of the album Further Deeper, a class album. Here's a live version of Lightning White.

Status
Not open for further replies.