Fun Watching Movies with my Wife

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Worse yet, she only likes Nu-WHO. She still can't bring the love for Classic WHO. Believe me, I've tried. I sat her down Malcom McDowell style and tried to condition her. I played "The Talons of Weng-Chiang". She's a tough nut to crack.
I'm starting to wonder if a divorce really is a sufficient answer to this problem. :emoji_innocent:

elanor

Member: Rank 3
To add my own experiences:
I have a somewhat larger overlap with the interests of my husband than divemaster13. But there are lots of films we do not watch together. The are films I watch with my children, each for their own, for instance the Twilight and Indian films with my daughter and husband, Korean TV series and Hollywood action films with my son, art, fantasy, Indian and Asian films from time to time with my husband.

What I look definitely alone are all the brutal action films like Martial Arts or disturbing crime films. I love "Time and Tides" by Tsui Hark http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251433/, I have watched it probably now 6 times, but this is definitely too brutal for my husband. As this is my favourite action film I recommended it to him, but he left after some minutes during the killing spree in South America. On the other hand I baulk at the tame crime films and series he prefers.

Moreover, all my family members strongly dislike to select a film out of the masses of films on DVD or HDD I have accumulated. So either I have to recommend something keeping in mind their preferences or they watch their TV series, - or my husband just skips TV-channels, which is anathema for me, but which he prefers to my taxing films.