Review Thin Ice (2017)

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I wonder if the Peter Cushing/Rogue one c.g.i. technology might come in use here? In a Delgado-esque way, that is?

For a couple of seconds in the background at least, given the budget!

Doubt it would be Ainley for some reason. Eighties Who snubbed again. Poor Anthony.
Well, death didn't prevent Hartnell, Troughton or Pertwee from appearing a few years back, so why shouldn't Delgado and Ainley show up?

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I wonder if the Peter Cushing/Rogue one c.g.i. technology might come in use here?
It's probably still a bit outside Doctor Who's budget, but as the technology continues to improve and get cheaper maybe instead of a multi-doctor story we might get The Five Masters (plus Missy) :emoji_japanese_goblin:

ant-mac

It's probably still a bit outside Doctor Who's budget, but as the technology continues to improve and get cheaper maybe instead of a multi-doctor story we might get The Five Masters (plus Missy) :emoji_japanese_goblin:
Do you remember DRAGONFIRE?

In 1987, DOCTOR WHO did a pretty fine job - on a shoestring budget - of emulating the climax of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (1981). Only six years spanned the gap - and these days the gap is even smaller and DOCTOR WHO's budget is not quite such a thin shoestring.

So you never know...

Gavin

VIP
Do you remember DRAGONFIRE?
I'd forgotten that scene. It's been a few years since I've watched that one. You're right of course. Doctor Who has always managed to make its budget go much further than would seem possible. So if its at all possible then Doctor Who will be among the first to do it. Maybe one day I'll get to see my dream anniversary special with the current Doctor spending an entire season visiting and helping his past selves one incarnation at a time.

ant-mac

I'd forgotten that scene. It's been a few years since I've watched that one. You're right of course. Doctor Who has always managed to make its budget go much further than would seem possible. So if its at all possible then Doctor Who will be among the first to do it. Maybe one day I'll get to see my dream anniversary special with the current Doctor spending an entire season visiting and helping his past selves one incarnation at a time.
That's not a bad idea.

I hope the longest serial involves the eighth and the War Doctors...

They need the extra screen time.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
All I can remember of this one now is the incongruously p.c. Victorian gentry, the Doctor punching someone and something under the ice of the River Thames.

And that's it.

Could it be that large swatches of NEW WHO are simply disposable television and doomed to be largely forgettable?

The Seeker

All I can remember of this one now is the incongruously p.c. Victorian gentry, the Doctor punching someone and something under the ice of the River Thames.

And that's it.

Could it be that large swatches of NEW WHO are simply disposable television and doomed to be largely forgettable?
Yes, in some ways.