Review The Fate of the Furious (2017)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Fate of the Furious” Feuds, Mirren & In Space

In the lead up to the release of “The Fate of the Furious,” only one thing has proven to be a pre-release complication for the franchise – the much publicised feud between co-stars Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson.

It began with a heat of the moment rant by Johnson on social media during the film’s shoot, a post in which he suggested he was upset with some of his male co-stars but wouldn’t name names. It was, however, quickly deduced to be Diesel. Things calmed down a bit, but when it was reported that the pair were being kept apart on the ‘Furious’ press tour – the talk sprang up again.

Speaking with USA Today, Diesel didn’t deny the conflict but says what happened has been resolved and things were blown out of proportion:

“I don’t think the world really realizes how close we are, in a weird way. I think some things may be blown out of proportion. I don’t think that was his intention. I know he appreciates how much I work this franchise. In my house, he’s Uncle Dwayne. I protect the franchise. I protect everybody including Dwayne. I protected Dwayne more than he’ll ever know. And it doesn’t matter. He doesn’t have to know. But he appreciates it. He knows it. Dwayne has only got one Vin in his life. Dwayne Johnson only has one big brother in this film world and that’s me.”

The Rock being the ‘little brother’ in this relationship may seem like an odd thing to say, but there’s still plenty more quotes from “The Fate Of The Furious” cast and crew to come ahead of its opening next Friday.

The franchise’s writer Chris Morgan has also offered a quote to Uproxx about something else the franchise might tackle in the future – space travel. The films have been getting more and more ridiculous with each entry, so the idea of a “Fast and Furious in Space” has gone from being an online joke to a remote possibility. Could it happen? Morgan says:

“Look, no plans for it right now, so hopefully people will be good with that. But, never say never. If we came up with the perfect thing and it made sense, it will be awesome.”

Morgan then went on to joke that the ‘perfect thing’ would be Diesel’s other iconic role merging into this: “What if Dom’s long-lost brother, Richard B. Riddick, showed up? Oh my God, I think Dom and Riddick would be so awesome.”

Also out today is a new featurette is out about the shooting of key sequences in the streets of New York City.....

Doctor Omega

The Fate of the Furious breaks global box office record

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39619840

The Fate of the Furious has raced to the top of the box office chart - breaking an international record in the process.

The eighth film in the action thriller franchise took an estimated $532.5m (£424.7m) globally over Easter weekend.

The figure makes it the strongest worldwide debut ever - marginally overtaking the $529m (£421.8m) taken by Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

However, the film's US takings were down sharply on the previous movie.

Furious 7 opened with $147.2m (£117.3m) in the US when it was released in 2015 - but the latest instalment of the series debuted with $100.2m (£80m).

The Fate of the Furious - titled Fast & Furious 8 in some territories - stars Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel, who said he felt "grateful, humbled and blessed" after the film's success.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
The Fate of the Furious - titled Fast & Furious 8 in some territories - stars Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel, who said he felt "grateful, humbled and blessed" after the film's success.
I know I probably sound like a sceptic, but I doubt either of them have ever felt grateful or humbled about anything.

Doctor Omega

Fate of the Furious Passes $1 Billion Worldwide

The Fate of the Furious just passed the $1 billion mark in just its third weekend. The blockbuster eighth installment of the Fast & Furious franchise has done nothing but dominate the global box office since hitting theaters two weeks ago, and its third go-around was no exception. After hitting $500 million worldwide in its opening weekend, the movie surpassed $900 million in its second, with a round $1 billion in its sights for weekend No. 3.

Internationally it now has serious competition from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, which made a whopping $101 million in its first weekend, but with Marvel’s latest not out domestically until May 5th that gave it the chance to still dominate the US box office and hit that target.

As reported by Variety, The Fate of the Furious officially crossed the $1 billion mark on Saturday, bringing its global total to $1.06 billion in just three weekends in theaters. The movie dominated the domestic box office for the third weekend in a row with $19.4 million in 4,077 theaters.

The surprise hit How to Be a Latin Lover came in second place with an impressive $12 million. The critically panned The Circle, meanwhile, couldn’t event beat out Bollywood epic Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’s $10.5 million for third place, despite the latter playing in just 420 theaters. The Boss Baby rounded out the top-five with $9.1 million.

The big story here, though, is the continued dominance of Fast and Furious. The $1 billion milestone makes Fate the 21st highest-grossing movie of all time, just behind Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest. The vast majority of the film’s box office success has come internationally, with $867.6 million grossed overseas compared to only $192.7 million domestically. That lower US performance likely means the film is unlikely to match Furious 7‘s final haul of $1.5 billion, which places it as the fifth biggest movie of all time. Still, the bar has been set very high for the next two Fast & Furious movies, as well as Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham’s spinoff.

Despite the significant commercial gains Fate, its days at the top are numbered with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 hitting theaters next weekend. It will be interesting to see how The Fate of the Furious performs next week when the competition starts to overtake.

croft_alice

Member: Rank 4

The Fate of the Furious
(alternatively known as Fast 8 and Fast & Furious 8) is an upcoming 2017 American action film directed by F. Gary Gray and written by Chris Morgan. It is the eighth installment in The Fast and the Furious franchise. The film will star Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris Bridges, Nathalie Emmanuel, Kurt Russell, Scott Eastwood, Charlize Theron and Helen Mirren.

The film is scheduled to be released on April 14, 2017 in IMAX

Where will be next movie,in space