Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
The Tripods

Steven Spielberg was going to make a movie version of this, but chose to do War of the Worlds instead. Since then it has been languishing in a dark corner of Development Hell....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441811/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Based on a trilogy of books and a new take after the tv show of the mid eighties that only managed to adapt two of the books before getting cancelled...

I love this book series and would be thrilled to see a decent series / movie trilogy made. They may have missed the boat on the "dystopian future" concept as its pretty much been done to death in cinema in recent years.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Universal's Wicked is finally a go.

The studio have announced that the musical adaptation of the hugely popular Broadway show and book will open in theaters Dec. 20, 2019. That puts in direct competition with a live-action fairy tale movie from Disney, which had already staked out that date for a yet-to-be revealed film.

Stephen Daldry has long been set to direct Wicked for producer Marc Platt and Universal, who are also producers of the long-running stage show, which is based on Gregory Maguire's novel, Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

Last edited:

sleepyjack

Member: Rank 1
Definitely a no, Scarface is a classic, it doesn't need a remake, how about making an original film something new for this generation instead of rehashing the past, don't get me wrong, I love The Cohen Brothers, Fargo was amazing and I can't count the amount of times I rewatched Barton Fink but Scarface is too much of a cult film to remake.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman

Universal's Wicked is finally a go.

The studio have announced that the musical adaptation of the hugely popular Broadway show and book will open in theaters Dec. 20, 2019. That puts in direct competition with a live-action fairy tale movie from Disney, which had already staked out that date for a yet-to-be revealed film.

Stephen Daldry has long been set to direct Wicked for producer Marc Platt and Universal, who are also producers of the long-running stage show, which is based on Gregory Maguire's novel, Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

I've wanted to see this on stage forevahhhhh! Fear it being made into a movie because Chicago entirely missed the whole point of Bob Fosse's play..... So I can't decide whether to be excited or puke!

Pretty sure there's no "emoji" for someone puking! :emoji_fearful: ? :emoji_grimacing: ? :emoji_fingers_crossed: ?

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
The movie version of Phantom was an awful mess...
That's the problem with most musicals, they're really meant for the stage. So I'll take a page from your optimistic book and be hopeful about it too!
:emoji_cloud_tornado: [insert witch being melted by bucket of water here] :emoji_no_good: ("wicked" girl making up her own meme's!)

Doctor Omega

The Phantom Tollbooth, also known as The Adventures of Milo in the Phantom Tollbooth, is a 1970 live-action/animated film based on Norton Juster's 1961 children's book The Phantom Tollbooth. This film was produced by Chuck Jones at MGM Animation/Visual Arts and stars Butch Patrick as Milo with the voice talents of Mel Blanc, Daws Butler, Candy Candido, Hans Conried, June Foray, Patti Gilbert, Shepard Menken, Cliff Norton, Larry Thor, and Les Tremayne. Jones also directed the film, save for the live action bookends directed by fellow Warner Bros. Cartoons alum Dave Monahan. The film was released to theaters by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer on November 7, 1970, and was the last MGM feature film release to include both live-action and animated segments. MGM's United Artists subsidiary would release its first fully animated film The Secret of NIMH in 1982.

Completed by 1968, the film was held up for release by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer until late 1970 due to internal problems. The animation studio closed soon after the film's release, with MGM leaving the animation business for good. Juster had no input into the adaptation, and has expressed his hatred for the film in an interview: "It was a film I never liked. I don't think they did a good job on it. It's been around for a long time. It was well reviewed, which also made me angry."

The film was not a box office hit. Rotten Tomatoes, a review aggregator, reports that 100% of eight surveyed critics gave the film a positive review; the average rating is 7.2/10. Time Out Paris wrote that the story has "too many lessons" but "some very nice ideas". TV Guide rated it 3/4 stars and described it as "a charming film that combines some fairly sophisticated ideas [...] with cute and likable characters that are sure to grab a child's attention". Tom Hutchinson of the Radio Times rated it 4/5 stars and wrote that the film has "wonderful ideas", but they are "likely to be a bit above the heads of very young children".

Doctor Omega

The screenplay for the third prequel film was written during production of Alien: Covenant and finished in 2017. Production of the film is scheduled to begin in 2018.

Ridley stated that the title will be, Alien: Awakening and will chronologically take place between the events of Prometheus and Covenant.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
It is like they don't know when to stop! lol :emoji_alien:
No.... it's like those bloody damn tribbles in that stupid grain storage locker that the "Klingon in disguise" just cannot get killed!

"I say, we take off and nuke the _ _ _ _ _ from orbit! It's the only way to be sure! (Something Ripley, if she actually still existed, would completely approve if!).... and that one was just for you Doc!

:emoji_alien: :emoji_face_palm: :emoji_no_good: :emoji_kiss: :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers: (Because everyone deserves their very own dancing bunnies!!!! Although I actually wish they didn't look so "Heff" inspired..... but dancin bunnies is dancin bunnies and everyone really does deserve their own! :emoji_hugging:

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
There's a Jedi trained attack Tribble running loose amongst these threads somewhere, named Fluffy◆◆◆♡♡♡◆◆◆
You da' woman! Duz!!!! And of course you are also right about that one, particular, tribble (that I am now officially "afraid of".... although I have a chinchilla named Yoda so I really am covered). However, even given all the SW love.... I'm going to rest on my "Ripley would approve sealed laurels"..... cause she would, you know she really would.... and the tribbles themselves could lead the charge and I'd be god-like in my magnificence!!!!! JC has gone over to the dark-side with this "making 5 films simultaneously charge" and I'm sorry but Ahhhhnaaalllld should be collecting Social Security not chasing Alien or Predator spinal columns over the magic, yellow-paved road, of hallucinated winged-monkey "paradise" that this plan is paved in!....

Now say that 5 times fast if you can! :emoji_alien:

MovieKnut

Member: Rank 2
We have Ridley, planning sequels/prequels on this one. James Cameron planning Avatar sequels galore, along with his own Terminator reboot. It is like they don't know when to stop! lol :emoji_alien:
The Terminator reboot has been cancelled. Paramount have no plan to re-visit the franchise. However, that might change, in 2019, when the writes revert back to James Cameron.

Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Is covenant any good?. I'm so sad after watching Prometheus that I didn't want to get my hopes up for continuing the saga.
While it will never be a contender for the position of number one in the film series, I still enjoyed it for the most part.