duzit

Member: Rank 6
Just noticed I had a like for a post... but no idea who gave it.

Previously, it said such and such liked this post.

I also can't give likes.
Hux,
I just gave u a like & it worked, but still anonymous. I liked the old way when you knew who gave a like.
edit
@Hux, click on the word "list" that is next to the like. It brings up a list of who the likes are from. Hope this makes sense just trying 2 help...

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Just noticed I had a like for a post... but no idea who gave it.

Previously, it said such and such liked this post.

I also can't give likes.
You can give likes, dislikes, loves and a lot more but since this will create a lot more information than just likes, the users that voted are summed up in a List. Just click on list and you'll see each vote by user.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
I just want to mention that even though the light font is artistically pretty, its also unreadable, especially combined with the transparancy and the colour and size of the font. I think it would be more readable if it was a tad darker.
Basically, I can hardly read the site anymore :(

Amyghost

Member: Rank 3
Hux,
I just gave u a like & it worked, but still anonymous. I liked the old way when you knew who gave a like.
edit
@Hux, click on the word "list" that is next to the like. It brings up a list of who the likes are from. Hope this makes sense just trying 2 help...
Odd, I clicked on the 'List' button and it shows who gave the like, but it isn't allowing me to leave one either.

duzit

Odd, I clicked on the 'List' button and it shows who gave the like, but it isn't allowing me to leave one either.
Try it again, I just gave you a like and it worked. Also, if you want to change the like that you just gave someone, on the far right is "Undo Rating" . If u click on that you can undo your rating. If these new features don't work for you, you might need to contact Alex...:emoji_purple_heart:

duzit

I just want to mention that even though the light font is artistically pretty, its also unreadable, especially combined with the transparancy and the colour and size of the font. I think it would be more readable if it was a tad darker.
Basically, I can hardly read the site anymore :(
I agree with you. I like the shade that is in the "write" area...:emoji_purple_heart:

duzit

I have noticed a dangerous thing that has happened twice to me and this could cause some real hard feelings. When I use the red "up" arrow, somehow the square block (narrow minded) that is at the end of the rating icons gets activated. It could have something to do with the size of my screen. But, I have to make sure that I don't have the red arrow placed over the square block. Thank God I caught the 2 times this happened and fixed them by doing a "Undo rating". This could just be my issue, but I thought I'd put it out there...:emoji_purple_heart:
edit:
This also happens if the arrow is over the "reply" button...

Last edited:

duzit

As a suggestion, the "Upload a File" & "More Options" & "Preview" buttons go back to Red.
They are hard to see...
edit:
The Red arrow does not stay on the screen long enough, it fades away to quickly.

Last edited:

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
Not sure I like the negative things that you can leave for posts.

I smell trouble.
I don't like that either.
I agree, however, we will leave it open for now and see whether or not there will be abuse of this new system.

I will also create a new thread later so people can vote and share their opinion on the matter. We are happy that we can present a new theme and pretty much without bugs, so enjoy this first and the making it even better for later

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
The "light" font was not an artistic feature, it is a bug. I updated the code for the Google Font loading and the fonts must look better now because I forced them to 400 minimum weight, which is what it should be.

Please, do a full refresh of your browser (control+f5) and report back if the fonts are displaying properly.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Not sure I like the negative things that you can leave for posts.

I smell trouble.
Just as in normal life you can say "I like something" the same as "I don't like something" it's only fair that in a forum we are free to express our feelings without having to hurt someone in the process or getting offended by it. The categories were carefully considered.

There are 7 positive feedback ratings:
  • Love it
  • Funny
  • Genius
  • Informative
  • Bravo!
  • Very Cretive!

There are 5 neutral feedback ratings:

• Agree
  • Do not agree
  • I'm sorry what?
  • So sad!
  • Boring

There are only 3 negative feedback ratings:

• Dislike
  • Grammar please!
  • Narrowminded

I think the system is more than fair distributing it's points. 7 positive ratings, 5 neutral and only 3 negatives. The negatives and positives will add points to your profile while neutral will not add anything and will be just "honest" rating.

Ignoring negative ratings is like ignoring part of life and I'm not up for that, I consider there are enough good ratings and neutral to be a balanced system and as in everything, if a user abuses the system by giving too much negative for no reason, it will get a warning and possibly a suspension for abuse.

When a user is banned for bad behavior, all of their ratings will be removed, so, the system does a good balance of it all.

I'm going to add this information in a separate topic so more people can now how the system works.

Don't feel bad to rate something as negative because, the narrowminded rating is only there to let you express disconform because of a user behaving badly and it's also a tool you can use to give a user enough bad karma to warrant an investigation. The grammar is also important. A user who time and time again writes atrociously on the forum is someone who may impact negatively on the community.

Nobody is forced to use negative categories the same way as nobody is forced to be a bad guy in "real life". The system is there to give you choices and let you shape the way of this community.

Facebook does it and nobody is complaining, we decided to do it with more finesse.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
The "light" font was not an artistic feature, it is a bug. I updated the code for the Google Font loading and the fonts must look better now because I forced them to 400 minimum weight, which is what it should be.

Please, do a full refresh of your browser (control+f5) and report back if the fonts are displaying properly.
Jeej, I can read :)
Thanks for all your work here.

DeJoHnNiE

Ok no worries will look forward to the fix
Arrowverse is working now with 4 forums in that. Let me know if you like it like that. I moved the threads you made to their own category too.

Animation alphabetical order.

All Franchises in one Category and alphabetical order.

Star Trek, all correct titles and chronological order [ thanks @ant-mac ]

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Just wondering if it would be possible to have a True Crime board in the general boards for discussion of famous and debatable cases, such as JFK, Robert Kennedy, MLK, The Zodiac, Marilyn Monroe, O.J, Jack the Ripper, etc.? There are a few threads here and there spread about at the moment, but thought it may be nice to have a dedicated board on this popular topic (which existent threads might also be moved into?). :emoji_alien:

DeJoHnNiE

Just wondering if it would be possible to have a True Crime board in the general boards
Ofcourse, how would you like this to be? Just a True Crime Category, so you can start threads or does it require any sub categories? All is possible, just let me know how it should look and what works best for said category

thought it may be nice to have a dedicated board on this popular topic (which existent threads might also be moved into?).
Yes I agree and yes we can make that happen if you link me all thread url's that need moving.