Information Say Hello

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
It's showing alerts too when active like this http://prntscr.com/e6l5ym But when you stop using the site for a bit then these alerts stop showing.

I did also have this 'lag' and when I reply or acknowledge said alert I don't get email either.

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
DeJoHnNiE

Speaking of Time Lags, a few of us experienced serious time lags waiting for the confirmation email during signup. Like, up to an hour. At some point I just started banging on the Resend it button and finally one showed up.

DeJoHnNiE

To play a sound can be coded the same way as the active notification system. It would be a cool feature, but we [Alex and me] need to focus on getting some more attention, mainly via Social Media and IMDb itself and get some other stuff fixed too :rolleyes:

DeJoHnNiE

Speaking of Time Lags, a few of us experienced serious time lags waiting for the confirmation email during signup. Like, up to an hour. At some point I just started banging on the Resend it button and finally one showed up.
Some signups need manual approval and they won't get a email before we press that button. An hour is too long, it should be there in seconds. But do keep in mind that in the beginning it took longer due to spamfilters, now it should be send immediately.

divemaster13

Just saw the news on IMDb. Left the following message there:

----------------------
I just wanted to chime in before the board goes dark. I haven't posted much, but I've always enjoyed keeping up with the Asian Cinema message board. I'm a big fan of Asian cinema, and fairly knowledgeable, and the few times I've posted I hope have been helpful. Anyway, just stepping in to say "thanks" to the other Asian movie fans who've made this message board a very interesting place.
----------------------

Now registered here!

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
How did you insert a shooting emoticon? I only see 12 options under the "smiley" icon.
I have a bunch of emos on my computer. I saved that one from IMDb. If you want to post them, or any image, you click the "upload file" button and point it at the file on your hard drive. Then choose 'full image', as opposed to thumbnail (you'll see it).

These guys are planning to expand the emos here in due time. We won't be stuck with just those twelve

cheers.gif

Elessar

Member: Rank 2
Good job Alex.

But when you click on the Emoji button it took much longer to load :emoji_japanese_goblin:

(It's not a complain, it's just an observation :emoji_mag: )

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Well, yes. You can't have both, performance & features at the same time. It will take more to load if there are so many of them.

But as cache goes it should take more the first time. Subsequent times should be faster.