Information Jogging: Is It Really Good For Your Body?

Discussion in 'Exercise, Fitness & Health' started by Doctor Omega, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

jogging_625x350_41422955548.jpg

Neither I, nor my cute pot belly, trust it!

Surely all that forced running can't be good for your joints or bones?

What do you think?

And what are the facts?

Just found this....

Is this the right balance?

#1 Doctor Omega, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  2. The Seeker

The Seeker Member: Rank 4

My back and knees won't allow me to jog. I think walking or biking is better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mustang2006

mustang2006 Member: Rank 2

My doctor recommends it but not if there are problems, like back or knees or feet.

4. Hunter28

Hunter28 Member: Rank 3

IMO biking is the way to go. Not near as much wear and tear on your body. Plus you cover way more ground. Depending on where you bike the scenery can be great. When I started out I was only riding mostly level trails. Now I am climbing hills I never thought I would be able to. So if I want a leisurely ride I hit a level bike path. But if I want a real workout I head for the hills.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. ant-mac

ant-mac Administrator
    Staff Member

The only time I jog is when I'm running away from something...

Unless I have a car. Then I drive away from it in comfort.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Amyghost

Amyghost Moderator

Very bad for the kidneys, and when you're reaching the age perimeter that suggests those 'Depends moments' may be getting more and more frequent probably best to stay away from it.

7. Nick91

Nick91 Member: Rank 2

I think is enough scientific research to suggest that there is generally a correlation between some level of physical activity and good health. Naturally, there are exceptions: For example, there have been cases throughout the years of professional athletes suddenly collapsing from previously unknown cardiovascular diseases. In these cases, had they not been athletes, they might have still been alive today.

I once saw a 28-year old soccer player die of hypertrophic cardiomypathy right in front of me on my television set. It was quite daunting for a 12-year old like me to see. But these occurences are rare, and extreme, enough for my first sentence to hold as true as a broad statement.

I personally think that swimming is one of the best ways to excercise without straining your body too much.

#7 Nick91, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  8. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Member: Rank 6

Screw this. My great-uncle exercised every day of his life. Then suddenly, at the age of 102, he drops dead of "natural causes". Yeah, right. He naturally died from the exercise.