Fun Your Last Meal...

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
iStock-friends-and-family-enjoying-dinner-small.jpg

This is the FOOD AND DRINK message board, so let's discuss food and drink...

Speaking for myself, I had a slap up serve of bacon and eggs with Worcestershire sauce. I had a mug of hot, black tea with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elessar

Member: Rank 2
I had a potato salad, the stylish one:

(The photo was from the previous time but basically the dish was the same: potato, ham, pickle, chive, mayonaise. If done in a right way, it's much better than it sounds.)

As you see, I like to take photos of my stuffs too :)

B

BradyBunchFan

What's for dinner?

McDonald's probably, but I am not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elessar

I went to La Tour d'Argent for dinner. If you haven't already known, it is the inspiration for the restaurant in Ratatouille (the mouse who cooks!). With a little bit of arranging, you can dine there with a not very expensive price and have magnificent food courses.

Elessar

Roast duck, with fruity sauce. Yum yum, I love duck.

I still don't know what I'll eat tonight but I need something light and healthy.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Grilled chicken and a massive pile of vegetables, with sweet and sour sauce.

To compliment this, I have a large glass of Pepsi Max with plenty of ice.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Roast duck, with fruity sauce. Yum yum, I love duck.

I still don't know what I'll eat tonight but I need something light and healthy.
@Elessar

I love duck, but it is very hard to find on any restaurant menu. I have made it at home, just by roasting it as you would a chicken. :emoji_baby_chick: Terribly, terribly greasy, but oh so good! I like dark meat, so that is pretty much the whole thing. Did you cook your own, if yes, how? Or did you eat out? :emoji_fork_knife_plate:◆◆◆♡♡♡

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Eating homemade pizza at the moment. I made a couple of pepperoni pizzas, one hamburger, and some cheese sticks.

My last meal before this one? Lunch, I had a bagel with cream cheese and strawberry jam.

Elessar

I love duck, but it is very hard to find on any restaurant menu. I have made it at home, just by roasting it as you would a chicken. :emoji_baby_chick: Terribly, terribly greasy, but oh so good! I like dark meat, so that is pretty much the whole thing. Did you cook your own, if yes, how? Or did you eat out?
I ate out that time, duzit. If I roast a whole duck at home it'll take me 1 month to eat it, so no. But when I eat duck at home, I'll either:

- Make confit duck leg, it's the best dish! Take time to make, but take a longgg time to forget the taste
- Make medium/rare duck breast, with red wine sauce. Take 5 mins to make, and taste good as well :)
- Go Asia: make a duck noodle soup. Only good if eating with friends, and eating a lot ^^

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I love duck, but it is very hard to find on any restaurant menu.
The only restaurant I have ever found duck at was a Chinese restaurant that closed several years ago. They had crispy duck, which was a half a duck that was indeed crispy on the outside, but so tender and juicy on the inside.

My dad and a friend of his used to go duck hunting every winter, so we had it often. He would roast it with stuffing, like corn bread or saurkraut. He also used to cut the breasts into medallions and wrap them in bacon and grill them. Soooooo good.

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
I just had a lovely spiced Tenderloin
with veggies and stroganoff sauce.

300gr Tenderloin with salt, 4 seasons pepper, cayenne pepper, olive oil and butter... In a pan for 2 min with some leek, red onion, red paprika, zucchini and carrot. When it's gold brown allround, put it to rest for 10 min.

Preheat oven 200c, then back to 175c. Put the tenderloin and veggies on a ovendish with some butter and put the dish in the oven for 30-35 min [nice rose colour for me]. You can do it 10 min longer or shorter depending on how you like it.

End result!

It was brilliant! Loved it and the meat was premium cut for only €1 p/100gr lol

Elessar

I love recipes that come with nice pictures, Johnnie :emoji_bacon:
Yours was a good dish. Is it mandatory to put the meat to rest before putting it in the oven?