Review Why You Prefer DC Comics to Marvel...

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by Doctor Omega, Feb 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

[​IMG]

Nothing compares, as far as you are concerned - and you grew up preferring DC comics for a reason!

Here you can explain why!

And just what was wrong with Marvel Comics anyway?

#1 Doctor Omega, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  2. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Very Active Member

I have always read both Marvel and DC, and honestly, any comic that came my way. But money was pretty hard to come by as a kid, so comics were a treat.And when you only get comics every now and then, you get choosy about which ones you read, and as a kid, I usually wound up getting DC if I got something superhero related. Mostly because I was a huge Batman fan, and the DC characters (mostly) always seemed cooler to me as a kid. When I got into high school, a couple of friends of mine get me reading X-Men and all of the related titles, and another friend got me into Daredevil. From then on, I pretty much have spent my money equally between the two companies.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

I got into comics in the 90's with the Death of Superman story. Started with Superman and branched out into other related titles. It wasn't that I disliked Marvel, just that I enjoyed a range of DC comics and tended to stay within that group for crossovers etc and because I simply couldn't afford to buy an unlimited range of titles. The lone exception was Fantastic Four because I enjoyed the cartoon when I was a kid so I picked up the comics and immediately became hooked.

Both Marvel and DC were at a stage where it was difficult to get into for new readers due to a lot of history and ongoing storylines but once I got started with DC I slowly started to get a grasp on the history and so getting into other titles became easier. Because I didn't follow a lot of Marvel titles (and FF didn't seem to cross over that much) I never really got a grip on the continuity of the Marvel universe. (I remember reading about the controversy of the Spiderman clone storyline and being glad I hadn't been on board for that).

Overall I don't think I could say that one was better than the other. Just that I enjoyed DC because they were characters I knew and had grown up with (Superfriends) and once I got into the universe I really enjoyed it.

Then they went and reset everything so I lost interest.

• Like Like x 1