Poll when someone asks what you think of them/ or something they did, do you

enigma

Member: Rank 1
1) tell them the truth? even if it is not complementary?
2) lie to them?
3) change the subject?

I usually do not reply if the answer would be negative...but I have lied before...

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
1) Yes
2) No
3) Probably :P

I like to be honest, I am sarcastic and they don't always go great together but I try my best to not sound harsh [good word Heeeey ;) ]

I don't like lying, I actually hate it with a passion. Lying only leads to more lying and trouble or fighting or all kinds of shite we don't want to be part of. Pathological liars are the worst kind imo.

Changing the subject, yes, this helps to avoid to do either one but only if the other doesnt care enough to know whether or not you would be telling either a lie or the truth :P

I aim for honesty, even if it's negative.

If it's someone I like and I don't want to be honest with them because it would hurt their feelings I'll lie as convincingly as possible. I do this sparingly so that it's believed.

If it's someone I want to feel bad I'll change the subject or answer in a way that's an obvious lie. I'd never do this to someone whose happiness I cared about because if you obviously lie or change the subject the other person will almost certainly clock it and feel bad.