Whatever Happened to Jonesy the Cat?

Discussion in 'Alien / Predator' started by Doctor Omega, Feb 28, 2017.

?

Did You Ever Worry About Whatever Happened to Jonesy the Cat?

1. Yes, it bothers me greatly too that we were never told.

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. He will have been looked after for life by someone kind that Ripley knew. For life. Quit worrying!

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. He's just a dumb, stupid cat. Who cares?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

There's actually a bit of a tragic story attached to that.

Jonesy thought his big comeback break was in Batman Returns, but he was devastated to find that he had to share the screen with many other, frankly less talented cats....

It really affected his ego, having to be herded onset with a load of other idiotic extras when he had once shone as a furry star in the acting pantheons of Hollywood.

It was around about this time that he started to choose even stupider roles.

See if you can spot Jonesy from the 90 second mark on.....

2. ant-mac

ant-mac Moderator
    Staff Member

But of course that's not the worst of it. Have you forgotten about how low he eventually sank?

How he finally had to succumb to the ultimate humiliation of accepting the role as Salem Saberhagen in SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH...

Oh the humanity! I can barely bring myself to think of that adventurous and intrepid robot cat, brought so low by Hollywood, the BBC and American TV.

3. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

Thank God Colin never got that robot cat he always wanted,

I can't see old Sixie putting up with an egotistical, has been movie star trying to hog the limelight and hissing during Colin's bellowed Pip and Jane quotes!

Thank God Jonesy was limited to Sylvester's finale.

[​IMG]

4. ant-mac

ant-mac Moderator
    Staff Member

And when that live-action TOM AND JERRY film never eventuated, if finally spelt the end of his struggling and unsuccessful acting career. It was a catastrophe, a real cataclysm, that was the catalyst that caused him to suffer from cataplexy and led to his near catatonic state of catalepsy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ant-mac

ant-mac Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Of course, what we never got to see was what happened to Colin just thirty seconds after the end of this clip, when that cat suddenly leapt up and ripped his face off with its claws...

That was the real reason why Colin had to regenerate.

• Love it! Love it! x 1