Review The West Wing (1999 - 2006)

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Absolutely loved this.

It dropped off a little after season four but I really enjoyed the Santos stuff (especially season seven).

There had always been great TV but I think this show was the one that really kick started a movement that saw TV surpass movies.

Gavin

VIP
I rewatched seasons 6 and 7 last year throughout the election cycle. It was a wonderful antidote to reality.

duzit

West Wing, there will never be a better political series than this one. Never missed an episode, even though I had to VCR record because I was working a 2nd shift job at the time. I learned more about our government from this program than I did from any civics class. So sorry to see it go, but it had a good run & I think it was best to stop before it could go downhill, which happens sometimes when series go on "to long". It is on Netflix.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
THE WEST WING was an excellent TV series, but I just wish it had covered the entire eight years of the Bartlet government, rather than just seven. I saw only the odd episode here and there when it was on TV, so I went out and bought the box set and watched the entire TV series in approximately a fortnight. What a rush that was...

My single favourite episode is still THE STACKHOUSE FILIBUSTER from season two.

duzit

@ant-mac
I remember that like it was yesterday. Nothing else to say except excellent writing, excellent acting,
excellent TV drama. The best there ever was. Such a great show. Thanks for posting that...:emoji_ok_hand: