Review The JOHN HURT/WAR Doctor

Carol

Member: Rank 5
That was never the intention and I assumed the same was true for your previous comments.
Again, thank you for that - now you know that's how you came across before.
I picked my way through IMDb boards enjoying some interesting joined-up discussions, some enlightening and others plain daft. The level of gross abuse in places put me off ever joining in - although I've been on a forum or two that were welcoming and generous in their style; it's early days here - you've been rather snotty to me twice now, so I wondered on the second occasion if reasoning with you would get a positive result or not. Possibly it has, though I doubt we will ever share a sense of humour. I wish you well.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Again, thank you for that - now you know that's how you came across before.
You're quite welcome.

I realize how easy it can be for someone to misconstrue the intentions of another poster.

Plain text communication can sometimes lead to misinterpretations or misunderstandings.
I picked my way through IMDb boards enjoying some interesting joined-up discussions, some enlightening and others plain daft
IMDb certainly was a mixed and varied collection of posters and posts.
The level of gross abuse in places put me off ever joining in
Yes, it could be off-putting at times. There were some message boards where I lurked, but seldom posted.

However, there were other message boards that I found quite friendly and welcoming.
although I've been on a forum or two that were welcoming and generous in their style; it's early days here
It's good to know there are websites like that out there on the internet. It's a cheering thought.
- you've been rather snotty to me twice now
I see you've misconstrued my previous posts on both occasions.

As I've previously noted, plain text communication can sometimes lead to misinterpretations or misunderstandings.
so I wondered on the second occasion if reasoning with you would get a positive result or not.
I believe that being reasonable is usually a wise course of action.

Unfortunately, it doesn't always lead to success. Especially if your intentions are misconstrued by another.
Possibly it has, though I doubt we will ever share a sense of humour.
That is quite possible.

However, just because we may not share a common sense of humour, it doesn't mean we can't remain civil.
I wish you well.
And all the very best to you as well.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I wasn't a fan of the idea but John Hurt absolutely sold me on the War Doctor. His portrayal was perfect and my only sadness now is that we'll never see more of him. Although I am planning on buying the Big Finish War Doctor stuff just as soon as I have some money.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I wasn't a fan of the idea but John Hurt absolutely sold me on the War Doctor. His portrayal was perfect and my only sadness now is that we'll never see more of him. Although I am planning on buying the Big Finish War Doctor stuff just as soon as I have some money.
I wasn't a fan of the idea - and I'm still not.

However, I am glad that John Hurt did such a good job in the role.

I have always enjoyed his work.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
So much better than an Eccleston cameo would have been - all bets off - something we'd never even guessed at and actual John Hurt into the bargain - world-weary, battle-scared and grumpy with it. What's not to love?
In the final analysis, for me, I have to agree that JH was in fact a better choice than retuning to CE would have been. His age, his complete disdain for what "he had become" and Clara's realization that he "hadn't done it yet" because she could see it in his eyes all served to make for a much more powerful story that was poignant, ironic, sad and funny all at the same time.

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: