Review The Thick Of It

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
What can you say about this amazing show. A political masterpiece with Peter Capaldi incredible as Malcom Tucker.
Capaldi's best work by far ,and i include Dr Who . He is very good in Who but his stories suck for the most part, not his fault of course.
Capaldi's Tucker allegedly based on Tony Blair spin doctor Alistair Campbell.

Last edited:

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Yes - sometimes just a ten-minute top up of a You Tube Tucker swearathon can put a bad day right before a drop has been poured.

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Agree about Tucker swearathon. A rare instance of the American version being as good , better? hmmm? Don't know, but definitely as good.
Veep of course.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Veep of course.
Big thank you Michael I just lost my Veep virginity! Though the clips you posted don't show any one individual worthy of the title Yankee Tuckerclone, it's a big step for American TV I believe.
It was maybe the lack of justifiable swearing that put a slight damper on The West Wing, for all its other glories - the other was fucking off to E4 long before I had Freeview. Bastards!

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
I just started watching this (I'm on the second season) and I absolutely love it! I also think Capaldi's tenure in Doctor Who so far has been wasted on mediocre stories, although season nine is better than season eight.