Review The Professionals (1977)

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Yes siree! Bodie, Doyle, Mr Hudson...er sorry Mr Cowley.
Been watching this a lot lately and it's brilliant. Often criticized but the stories were terrifically entertaining and well written, not surprising given Brian Clemens involvement. Timeless piece of tv history.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I was never really a fan, but there was one episode that stuck in my mind and that was the ending. A girl who had been helping Bodie and Doyle has survived to the end of the episode, but is then brutally shot in the back of the head by some politician or businessman, much to the disgust of our heroes.

It was the casual brutality of it that stuck in my mind - and the fact that our heroes were in no position to seek justice.

Other than that, it is one of those shows that I have never really given a fair viewing.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
vsdf.jpg

Bodie and Doyle, top agents for Britain's CI5 (Criminal Intelligence 5), and their controller, George Cowley fight terrorism and similar high-profile crimes. Cowley, a hard ex-MI5 operative, hand-picked each of his men. Bodie was a cynical ex-SAS paratrooper and mercenary whose nature ran to controlled violence, while his partner, Doyle, came to CI5 from the regular police force, and was more of an open minded liberal. Their relationship was often contentious, but they were the top men in their field, and the ones to whom Cowley always assigned to the toughest cases.