Review The Mummy (2017)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
fagdg.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

An ancient Egyptian princess is awakened from her crypt beneath the desert, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia, and terrors that defy human comprehension.

Last edited:

Sunflower007

Member: Rank 3
:confused:~Not that interested to see it. Or at least when it comes out.

*~:emoji_beetle:~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
:emoji_musical_score:
"Ask me if I need him

Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games

These are the only games I play"

By: Falsettos

Doctor Omega

In a bid to create a brand new version of the Universal Monsters Shared Universe, the studio has gone back to their old black and white classics of yesteryear and are preparing fresh movies of all of their old successes...

Just as the original run of films was the first ever example of a shared universe on film with titles such as Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, so they are hoping to replicate this Universe to compete with the Marvel and DC shared universes.

Already announced the following titles, many of which are remakes of their old films...

The Bride of Frankenstein
The Wolf Man
The Invisible Man
Frankenstein vs Dracula
The Creature from the Black Lagoon
Van Helsing

After a failed start with Dracula Untold, which was supposed to be the film that kicked off this new universe, but which is now discounted, Universal are releasing The Mummy with Tom Cruise.

What are your thoughts on this new franchise?
Should Marvel and DC be watching their backs?

Last edited:

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Hate the remakes, because they remind me that I'm old enough to have seen the originals. Ha,ha,ha
But, really, I think they do remakes because they cannot come up with anything good anymore.
Even original songs get remade.

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
What are your thoughts on this new franchise?
I like that image you started with. Did you make it? Or is it from the campaign?
You see, I read your post thinking it was an elaborate ruse. Satire. Now I don't know what to think.

I'm not against remakes (I have a particular fondness for cover songs), and I've enjoyed some the 'universe' films. I even usually like Tom Cruise movies. eek.gif I loved many of those old Monster movies.

I'll wait and see.

Liburnius

Member: Rank 1
The character design is too BDSM looking for me. The film looks OK, but I should see it, or at least read enough about it to get a proper opinion on it.

Doctor Omega

I just googled the image up.

I am not sure what to think either. Universal are clearly chasing the same profits as Marvel and DC with their Extended Universes, but may not be planning it out very well, having had one failed attempt before now, with Dracula Untold.

I actually have a feeling that this Mummy film might miss the target too, but time will tell.

Doctor Omega

So this is where the Univeral Monsters Extended Universe starts, apparently, with another remake of The Mummy.

Marvel and DC are supposed to get all terrified and run for the hills at a new, huge Extended Universe encroaching on their turf, with multiple films about different monsters, all tying together.

Are those two companies going to react in terror?

Or laugh at this latest trailer?

And has Tom Cruise left Scientology yet? o_O

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I'm really not looking forward to any of these. However, it has to be better that what we had in the 90s. I'll leave this here to remind everyone of what once happened...