chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I still haven't read the book. My wife has a copy of it somewhere. But yeah, the movie is pretty legit. I remember when I was a lad, my sister watched it all the time, and for some reason, I hated it, and got sick of it being on all the time. When I got a little older, I sat and watched it one night, and it was like I saw it for the first time. An amazing story, terrific animation, and the voice cast is great.

I can't wait for Peter Jackson to remake it as a five part live action film, with CGI Christopher Lee as Hagard.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I just learned tonight that Peter S. Beagle, the author of the novel, is suing his former manager for taking everything from him. Apparently he's so broke he can't even afford groceries. And worst of it, fans wanted to set up a GoFundMe, and can't, because anything made could be taken for the lawsuit. Fans are trying to find other means to get money to the author. This is both heartbreaking and maddening. How could someone do this to another person, especially when that person trusted you so much?

duzit

Member: Rank 6
This is a beautiful film. Both the story and the content. The animation is just breathtaking with such deep and vivid colors. An all star cast of : Mia Farrow/Unicorn, Christopher Lee/King Haggard, Jeff Bridges/Prince Lir, Angela Lansbury/Mommy Fortuna, Alan Arkin/Schmendrick, Tammy Grimes/Molly Grue, Robert Klein/The Butterfly and René Auberjonois/The Skull.
I remember Rene' from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine as Odo. But, to get back to the film, this was made in 1982 which I think is before any of the big Disney features took over. This film has some really splendid animation that is as good as Disney. Sit down with the family and watch it together or pour yourself a glass of wine and let the fantasy take you where it will.
It's a great view...:emoji_purple_heart::emoji_purple_heart::emoji_purple_heart:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
How could someone do this to another person, especially when that person trusted you so much?
Because they're a member of the Human species.

We are quite a unique species. We can fly to the moon, invent and construct the internet, or exterminate six million men, women, boys and girls in gas chambers. There's almost nothing that we can't achieve if we are suitably inspired.