High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Hard to find, Really good movie to watch, Great to watch, keeps you going!

The Hunting Party is a good western, but there are a few scene's of nudity that I could really care less for. I'm by far a horror movie fan, and this movie has a lot of gory bloody shoot out scene's in it. The movie is about a group of outlaw's that kidnap a women who they think is a school teacher, so their leader can learn how to read. This movie has you going the good guy is the bad guy, the bad guy is the good guy, and the women is torn between the two.

Gene Hackman (Brandt Ruger) play's a really good a**hole in this movie, he plays the bad guy well.

Oliver Reed (Frank Calder) play's the leader of the gang who should be a villain, but turn out to be the nice guy. Reed pulls off the American accent pretty d*mn good. You wouldn't know he was British from watching this movie.

Mitch Ryan (Doc Harrison) awesome as Doc, only knew him from Dharma and Greg, pretty good performance.

Candice Bergen (Melissa Ruger) I didn't recognize at first, since all I remember her from was Murphy Brown, and Miss Congeniality.

Brandt Ruger is a rich cattle rancher that if he owns something it's his and no one else, and no one steals from him either. When Frank Calder steals his wife Ruger and his men start hunting down the gang. Using high tech guns that can kill a man from 800 feet away. Ruger's men start taking down Calder's men one by one, it's very bloody and messy. Melissa Ruger and Frank fall for each other, which anger's Brandt even more. When the movie ends, your cheering and going d*mn I didn't see that one coming. It's a good movie, One western that I actually like, and that surprised me alot.

Last edited: