chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
As much as I liked House of 1000 Corpses, I can only watch it now and then. It's not the most coherent film. But The Devil's Rejects is a modern horror classic. It takes cues from earlier films, but the story is solid, and it is really pretty disturbing. And some great performances all around. It's too bad he followed it up with the crappy Halloween remake.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
This movie was violent, but I liked this more than House of 1000 corpses. I did love the humour in both movies. I just loved the soundtrack and that ending man that was a good throw back to 70's films. This movie made you cheer for both the good and the bad guys.

Elliot Thomas

Member: Rank 3
Sadistic delirium is the order of the day in writer/director Zombie’s violent but superior follow-up to HOUSE OF 1,000 CORPSES. The dist-urbed Firefly clan become the hunted as one particular cop shows himself to be just as cruel. His blood-thirsty need for revenge encapsulates the movie’s core gist of hypocrisy and double-standards.
While it’s a stretch to sympathise with the demented family on the lam, it’s certainly okay to root for them against aforementioned antagonist. It all culminates in a big slow-mo shoot-out (ala BONNIE AND CLYDE) as Steely Dan plays in the background; good use of soundtrack harks back to the 1970s.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
A totally different type of horror than House of a 1000 Corpses. This sequel is amazing, I love that its so nasty.

It all culminates in a big slow-mo shoot-out (ala BONNIE AND CLYDE) as Steely Dan plays in the background; good use of soundtrack harks back to the 1970s.
Actually its Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird playing at the end. Steely Dan can be heard earlier in the film.
Great soundtrack by the way.