Review The Circle (2017)

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
I hate to admit this but given everything I read about the novel (and then decided not to read it because...), I just can't work up any excitement for this film at all.

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer:

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
@duzit

I must confess to being shocked, shocked I say, at having any support for what I thought would be considered my "unenlightened" position on something that many consider to be high art.....

To which I must reply..... if it's so "high" it's in the bloody troposphere darling, then no one in the general public can see it anyway can they?!

Yes, yes... snotty I may be. But art, as with wine, is viewed through the palette of the individual. Each of us is entitled to regard anything they choose as: tasting like vinegar, looking like someone threw-up on a canvas or reading like a moralizing, pontificating, self-serving piece of dross designed to make the author look more intelligent than his/her audience (OK, I did read some of The Circle).... If you're really that bright, you should be able to communicate without needing to do it from "on high". Frank Herbert managed the Dune series quite nicely (before his child, god help up, got involved) without needed to try and prove anything to his audience. He actually was quite brilliant and the fact that his series keeps being republished, re-read and, as it turns out, made into yet another version for the screen is a perfect example of what art really is. It doesn't need a "high" in front of it to prove itself.

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: And a chorus of Aliens for Frank who proved it could be done! :emoji_alien::emoji_alien::emoji_alien::emoji_alien::emoji_alien::emoji_alien::emoji_alien::emoji_alien::emoji_alien::emoji_alien::emoji_alien::emoji_alien::emoji_alien::emoji_alien::emoji_alien:

duzit

Member: Rank 6
I loved the 1984 "Dune" with Kyle MacLachlan/Sting/Linda Hunt/Virginia Madsen & Sir Patrick Stewart. The "Sandworms" were a precursor to the "graboid" creatures in Tremors.