Review Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Last edited:

Elliot Thomas

Member: Rank 3
Has a harder edge and more darkened imagery than its predecessor, this sci-fi epic still maintains the spirit and adventure of the original film. The best of the franchise imo

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Mark Hamil had a bike accident between the first two Star Wars films and injured his arm I believe, where as many of the fans assumed his facial scaring was due to the incident! He still had the scars in the third film too so are they saying it was make-up rather than acne or the accident?
JB

Doctor Omega

How much did Mark Hamill's face change from before his accident to after?

https://www.quora.com/How-much-did-Mark-Hamills-face-change-from-before-his-accident-to-after

main-qimg-4c54ffb6f2dedcb1a09a18d0aa9eac6c-c.jpg

Mark Hamill was injured in a car accident on January 11, 1977. The exact extent of the damage to his face has been a mysterious topic, in part due to conflicting statements by Hamill himself over the years since the crash. Here are some of the various accounts of the damage that have been attributed to Hamill:

• "The accident made hamburger out of my face. It took a lot of special effects at the hospital to put it back together again. Part of one ear was used to rebuild my nose." - Dynamite Magazine, 1978
  • "I broke my nose, that’s it!" - source unknown
  • "My plastic surgeon took cartilage from my ear and built up my nose." - 1980
  • "I fractured my nose and my cheek." - Gossip Magazine, 1978

Doctor Omega

Face/Off? The squirrely legend of Mark Hamill’s car crash.

https://seanmunger.com/2013/07/18/faceoff-the-squirrely-legend-of-mark-hamills-car-crash/

hamill-composite.jpg

The legend repeated most often in my childhood was that Mr. Hamill’s wreck–invariably said to be a sports car, usually a Corvette–did such damage to his face that doctors had to rebuild his nose using cartilage from his ear. It is also often stated that Luke’s encounter with the ice monster at the beginning of The Empire Strikes Back was intended, in part, to explain the facial scarring that he shows early in that film (or, alternately, to explain why he looks “different” in Empire than he did in Star Wars). I also read somewhere on the Internet that the accident occurred shortly before the filming of the Star Wars Holiday Special, and the injuries accounted for his strange appearance during that truly awful show (and/or the painkillers given to him account for his woozy, phoning-it-in performance).

Mark appears at approximately 12 minutes in......

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Maybe that's why they included The Wompa attacking him and slashing his face in the movie to cover up his facial injuries that they said he never had?
JB

Doctor Omega

Star Wars Fan Adam Scott Surprised by His Idol Mark Hamill

Adam Scott is a huge Star Wars fan so in honor of Star Wars Day guest host Kristen Bell made his dreams come true with a surprise guest.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
It's no secret that TESB is not only my favorite SW film, but my favorite film ever (well, tied with Casablanca). The story structure, the characters, the visuals, all amazing. The best thing George could have done is allowed others to play in his sandbox. We know the stories of how his original cut of SW was a mess, and it took editors to make the film that we know and love. He has amazing vision, but it's only when he allows others to take that vision and make it cohesive that it becomes brilliant.