Review Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
gag.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie....

On the eve of retirement, Kirk and McCoy are charged with assassinating the Klingon High Chancellor and imprisoned. The Enterprise crew must help them escape to thwart a conspiracy aimed at sabotaging the last best hope for peace.

On to the next movie.....

STAR TREK: GENERATIONS.....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/star-trek-generations-1994.340/

Back to the previous movie.......

STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER.....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/star-trek-v-the-final-frontier-1989.293/

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Not the best, but probably my second or third favorite of the original crew (not sure if this or SEARCH FOR SPOCK is the better movie). And yes, Sulu should have gotten either his own show, or a separate movie.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I remember watching the Voyager episode where Janeway and Tuvok travelled through Tuvok's memory into his time serving under Captain Sulu and thinking that a series with the Excelsior and Sulu could have been tremendously successful.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Apparently the suits didn't think that George could act and that's why a Captain Sulu series was dead in the water before it was even discussed! TUC is a great end for the adventures of the original crew and sadly we have to say goodbye to Uhura, whom we never see or hear of again! This movie could fit in right at the end of the original TV series and you'd never guess!
JB

Doctor Omega

I have to watch this every now and again...

To remind myself that they did used to know how to make a great TREK movie once.....

Doctor Omega

"Fly her apart then!"

"Back off! Back off!"

"Fire!" (Fist pump/)

"Target that explosion and fire!"

"I'd give real money if he'd shut up!"

Sorry Abrams, but - in comparison - get lost. :emoji_confounded:

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

There was a huge debate behind the scenes over whether the signatures should be that of the actors or the character they played at the end.

In the end Leonard insisted it be the actors signing off and his voice prevailed.

I am not sure which would have been best, but am leaning more towards the characters themselves.

It was still a moving farewell, whoever was signing the thing.... :emoji_alien: