Review Spider-man Homecoming (2017)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
adsfsd.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie....

Peter Parker balances his life as an ordinary high school student in Queens with his superhero alter-ego Spider-Man, and finds himself on the trail of a new menace prowling the skies of New York City.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Looks good! Not sure about the Vulture though, appearance wise. At least Spidey is back in the Marvel universe now!

filmfan95

Member: Rank 3
I grew up with the Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, and I really enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man (I was so glad they brought back the wrist devices for shooting web), and despite my disappointment with the sequel, I thought the filmmakers could redeem themselves with a third film, and was disappointed when it was canceled.

That said, I'm looking forward to this one, and I'm glad that the filmmakers aren't bothering with the origin story, because everyone already knows it.

I have to say, for the first time, it actually feels like I'm legitimately looking at Spider-Man having jumped right of the comic book page. Just the way the suit is, and the eyes actually changing emotion. Wow. I didn't believe it was possible to get that accurate.

Hux

Member: Rank 6
He's supposed to be a geeky, goofy teenager. This version actually looks and behaves like that.

He was spot on in Civil War. Cracking wise, talking crap, short attention span and all whilst being cool as fuck and totally in control. I loved the fact that Bucky's arm was absolutely no match for him power-wise and you could just sense that he was only in third gear, not even trying that hard.

That's Spider-Man!

Doctor Omega

Additional shooting is now underway on Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures’ “Spider-Man: Homecoming”.

Actress Laura Harrier seemingly confirmed the news in a social media post but didn’t elaborate on how much of the cast has returned for reshoots and/or pickups.

Marvel Studios always pre-schedules additional photography before production even begins and so far there’s been zero indications of any problems with the upcoming film so a few days of extra filming isn’t unexpected.

Doctor Omega

Have to agree about Spiderman Homecoming.

I liked the other Spidey movies, but this new incarnation looks to possibly beat them all as far as being the Spidey of the original comics goes.

Doctor Omega

Tom Holland Has Pitched Spider-Man’s Future

tom-holland-has-pitched-spider-mans-future-696x464.jpg

People seemed very happy with Tom Holland’s performance as Peter Parker/Spider-Man in “Captain America: Civil War,” so much so that his first solo outing in the role in the upcoming “Spider-Man: Homecoming” is already looking like a hit.

That’s good news for the actor who says, if he has his way, hopes to be playing the character for decades. Speaking with Empire, the actor revealed that he has already pitched a plan that would have him playing the character for twenty years:

“Peter Parker is a character we see [in the comic books] as a 15-year-old boy and then as a 35-year-old man. So I have an idea of what I’d like to do, and I’ve pitched it and it’s already been taken into the boardroom. It would be really cool if it pans out, because it means I would be Spider-Man for a very long time.”

Sony and Marvel currently have Holland locked down for the role in ‘Homecoming, the dual upcoming “Avengers” films, and a “Spider-Man” sequel. Where things go from there will be determined at a later date.

“Spider-Man: Homecoming” opens in cinemas on July 7th.

Doctor Omega

‘Super Fun Hero’ Trailer: “Spider-Man: Homecoming”

super-fun-hero-trailer-spider-man-homecoming-696x464.jpg

Sony Pictures have released another trailer for next month’s “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” this one with a focus on Tom Holland’s Peter Parker and one key way he differs from previous incarnations – living in a time of social media.

The new film sees Peter having to deal with all the usual problems of high school whilst also taking on the villain Vulture (Michael Keaton) and dealing with his new mentor Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.). Marisa Tomei, Logan Marshall-Green, and Zendaya also star.

“Spider-Man: Homecoming” opens on July 7th.