Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
afdssfdf.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie....

A strange black entity from another world bonds with Peter Parker and causes inner turmoil as he contends with new villains, temptations, and revenge.

Last edited:

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Bit of a mess, this one.

Too much going on, not much story and they even stole the Superman III evil Superman bit.

The whole thing felt incoherent.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I've had friends try to justify this movie, and I hate it. Raimi even went on record as saying he wanted to develop the Venom storyline the way it was in the comics, and the studio pushed for it to sell tickets. This is another reason I hate movie studios. They can't keep their hands off, even when they are proven wrong.

Also, adding in Sandman's storyline and the wrap up of Harry's story brought the film down and made it a garbled mess. If they had just spent two movies with the black suit, developing Eddie's hatred of Peter, and then giving Venom an actual role, they could have kept the franchise going. But no, they gave us crap.

filmfan95

Member: Rank 3
It's really not as bad as a lot of people have made it out to be. I was a huge Spider-Man fan as a kid, and when I saw this movie for the first time, I thought it was great. Sure, it doesn't hold up as well as the first two, but it's still an enjoyable film with a great message about not letting your anger take over you. If there's one thing I would change about the movie, it would be the whole subplot about Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer (it ruins the whole point of why Peter became who he was in the first place. The point was that the burglar that he refused to stop killed his uncle, making it partially his fault. If you change that, then the message is lost. Maybe if the filmmakers had intended for Flint Marko to be the killer from the start of the series, and had Marko be the guy that Peter didn't stop, then I could have accepted it. But that wasn't what happened, and as such I just couldn't appreciate it). It's still the weakest of the trilogy, but I enjoy it nonetheless.

Elliot Thomas

Satisfactory enough, it's most interesting when looking at Spidey’s dual personality. His stint on the dark side is the highlight of an otherwise cluttered film which has far too many characters and subplots. The special effects are top-notch as are the overall production values.

filmfan95

Just a small correction, but the Goblin villain that appears in Spider-Man 3 is the second incarnation of the Green Goblin (and is called the Green Goblin, or sometimes the New Goblin in order to differentiate him from the first one). The Hobgoblin is a different villain that probably would have appeared in a later movie had the series continued. The Hobgoblin is combined with the New Goblin in Ultimate Marvel however, but Spider-Man 3 is mainly adapted from the original continuity.