Spoilers Series 11: News & Speculation

Discussion in 'Modern Who' started by Lucas, Feb 6, 2017.

?

Are You Looking Forward to Series 11?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Enthusiast

Am now tentatively looking forward to it, with the promise of a new Doctor (Kris Marshall?) and a new showrunner.

#21 Doctor Omega, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
  2. Janine The Barefoot

Janine The Barefoot Wacky Norwegian Woman

I've been "rumor diving" for info on the new Who and have seen more than a few sources (one I give some credibility to and one I give serious weight to) that lead me to have some very real hope for the next possible choice of actors for the part. IF (and yes, all caps because it's a very complicated possibility), this person is the choice, it would explain the reason we wouldn't see the next series start before late 2018 and I'm as excited for the potential as I was when @AntMac and I gave a passing thought to the notion of James Nesbitt getting a turn in "The Blue Box".

This actor also comes with a built-in and well-deserved, screamingly loyal fanbase that could conceivably add/gather millions of viewers to the show just to see him in the part.

I'm not revealing a name because I could be completely off base and don't have enough justifiable evidence to do so but I will say that just the notion of this actor in this role, with someone new at the helm, could change the course of the show like an out-of-control wild fire and my panties are all in a twist with jumped up euphoria! So I'm going to keep digging and keep hoping and we'll see how it all plays out. Also, I don't want to jinx it by sharing a name too soon.

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: and not enough bunnies in the "Whoniverse" to do justice to how thrilled I am :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:..... seriously!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Enthusiast

Doctor Who series 11: Pearl Mackie doesn't know if she's staying
    Pearl Mackie isn't sure if she wants to stay on with Doctor Who after Peter Capaldi, and stresses that it's not up to her...

000.jpg

Details about Doctor Who series 11 are scarce right now. We know that Broadchurch showrunner Chris Chibnall is stepping in to take the reins from Steven Moffat (overlord of Who from series 5-10), with help from incoming executive producer Matt Strevens.

And we know that Peter Capaldi won't be the Doctor anymore (sob!), with Kris Marshall, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Ben Whishaw and many more coming up in the bookies' favourite replacement lists. But that's about it, at this stage...

It seems that Pearl Mackie, who's currently starring in the show as Bill, doesn't know much about the show's future, post-Capaldi, either.

During an appearance on This Morning, Mackie was asked if she'd like to stick around after Capaldi departs, and she offered this response...

“I don’t know, I mean it’s not up to me… Peter’s such a wonderful Doctor, and I think the dynamic that he and I have playing The Doctor and Bill together is something that really works. That’s not to say it wouldn’t work with a different Doctor. But, yeah, it’s always a new adjustment, getting a new Doctor. Inevitably the dynamic is different because your different actors. And different characters.”

You can watch the full interview here...

It remains to be seen, then, if Mackie's Bill will be a one-series wonder or a continuing presence on the show after series 10.

Both Steven Moffat and his predecessor Russell T Davies chose to start their tenures with a new Doctor and a new companion, so it wouldn't be surprising if Chris Chibnall did the same. Whoever follows Capaldi could well have a brand new supporting cast around them.

But still, Mackie has done wonderful work in the opening half of series 10, and this fan - along with plenty of others - would love to see her stick around. It would be nice if they could at least leave Bill alive for a potential comeback at a later date.