News Schwarzenegger Quits as Host of "The Apprentice"....Because of Trump

Discussion in 'Film, TV, Celebrity News' started by Doctor Omega, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

[​IMG]

Schwarzenegger FiresThe Apprentice

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/schwarzenegger-fires-apprentice/

ans of Celebrity Apprentice are about to lose the show's biggest asset as Arnold Schwarzenegger will not be returning to host another season of the show. "I learned a lot, I had a great time, it was a really great opportunity," Schwarzenegger said, speaking exclusively to Empire. "But under the circumstances I don't want to do it again."

"When people found out that Trump was still involved as executive producer and was still receiving money from the show, then half the people [started] boycotting it."

Social media campaign #grabyourwallet appears to have been a factor, imploring consumers and sponsors alike to ditch Celebrity Apprentice in direct response to the US President's continued involvement. The boycott's success may well be reflected in the show's viewing figures and the hasty retreat of commercial backers.

"Even if asked [to do it again] I would decline." Said Schwarzenegger. "With Trump being involved in the show people have a bad taste and don't want to participate as a spectator or as a sponsor or in any other way support the show. It's a very divisive period now and I think this show got caught up in all that division."

Aftermath is released in the UK on 7 April.

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/aftermath-2017.1166/

2. mustang2006

mustang2006 New Member

That brief news clip tells a lot.

3. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Very Active Member

I watched the show when they did the celebrity edition. I felt to a degree Trump was bullying Arnold on social media, and running the show down. Trump never gave Arnold a fair go at it. I guess he felt that if it's not him or his family on the show then no one can run it. As much as I am not a fan, can we just for kicks have the Kardashians, Kanye, or Jenner's run it? Even better have someone like Sharon Osbourne run the show. She don't take crap off of anyone or her neighbors. Remember the ham incident from the Osbournes? LOL

Who would make a better replacement for a host now? Is everyone afraid to host, cause of fear of a boycott or backlash?