Fun Rubbish Acting in New Who!

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

From 2005 onwards, which actors and actresses have given the worst acting performances in the revived show up to this point?

From guest actors to perhaps even a main regular cast member....

From flat, bland, monotone delivery to stupid, over the top acting.

Who should have been drummed out of drama school?

Reverse the polarity....................................

RUBBISH ACTING IN CLASSIC WHO......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/worst-ever-acting-performance-in-classic-who-your-view.1975/

Last edited:

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
Rose! She drops her boyfriend at the drop of a hat. Mickey is pretty pathetic at the beginning of his character arc, though.

A close second is Amy. She initially pushes herself on the Doctor, potentially leaving Rory standing at the altar, and she doesn't treat him especially well once they are together.

The Seeker

D'oh! You said guest character, didn't you. I don't remember too many - well, the professor from Midnight for one, he was insufferable, and the woman who got possessed. Nobody in that episode was especially likable, come to think of it.

Doctor Omega

I didn't really post it clearly. It is the worst acting performance by a guest star/supporting actor.

Amateurish, flat delivery of lines. Over-acting. You name it.

Just simply, dreadful acting, where they perhaps didn't even deserve to be paid for the filming!

Have tweaked the O.P. accordingly.

And - if you are really daring - you may nominate a main/regular cast member! :emoji_alien:

Last edited:

Gavin

VIP
Rose! She drops her boyfriend at the drop of a hat. Mickey is pretty pathetic at the beginning of his character arc, though.

A close second is Amy. She initially pushes herself on the Doctor, potentially leaving Rory standing at the altar, and she doesn't treat him especially well once they are together.
Neither of those could be considered poor acting performances. Both Billie Piper and Karen Gillian turned in great performances. You could make an argument for them being poorly written characters but not bad acting.

For worst acting performance I'd nominate Gavin and Andrew Conrad (Romulus and Remus from the Twin Dilemma).

Doctor Omega

Not tempted to go back and watch Love and Monsters again now, Gavin? :emoji_alien:

You never know. It just might be like a good wine and have improved with age!

Then again, probably not. :emoji_disappointed:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
David Walliams as Gibbis in The God Complex. I don't know if it's bad acting or if he's just brilliant at being annoying, but I hated him in that.

Sam Troughton in Midnight. You'd think that being the son of one of the OG Doctors would make him better, but he's just terrible.

Alex Price as Francesco in The Vampires of Venice. Goes from effectively evil to over the top in two seconds.

Eric Loren as Dalek Sec in Daleks in Manhattan. He was fine as Diagoras, but as soon as he becomes the hybrid, he forgets how to act.

The Seeker

Neither of those could be considered poor acting performances. Both Billie Piper and Karen Gillian turned in great performances. You could make an argument for them being poorly written characters but not bad acting.

For worst acting performance I'd nominate Gavin and Andrew Conrad (Romulus and Remus from the Twin Dilemma).
I misunderstood the question. I thought he said who would make the worst date. I swear, it was worded differently before!

Doctor Omega

I thought that the girl at the beginning of Paul McGann's "Night of the Doctor" was unconvincing, especially when talking to the computer at the start saying "I don't need a Doctor! Stop talking about Doctors!"

Indeed, I thought that her performance improved greatly after the crash on Karn. :emoji_alien:

And the guy in the hovering spacecraft on Gallifrey in the desert, telling Capaldi to got "to the citadel" was very flat and unconvincing too.

Gavin

VIP
Not tempted to go back and watch Love and Monsters again now, Gavin?
I rewatched it a few years ago when my kids were working their way through the series. Overall it's not the worst thing ever. There's a lot of interesting ideas in looking at the lives of people left behind. But it needed a couple more rewrites and it was definitely the low point of special effects in the new series. I'd put the monster in the same class as the myrka.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
I've got to say that the woman who played Queen Elizabeth in "Day of the Doctors" (the special episode), in my opinion, was
almost unbearable. She was over the top and under the bottom and had bad breath on top of it all! I felt so sorry for that bloody horse I can't even begin to tell you. It was a wonderful episode.... The Curator was a stroke of brilliance and so was "Galifrey Falls, No More" but
that woman was crazy making!

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: