skribb

Member: Rank 1
Nothing, they just announced in a FAQ that not only will they disable the forums, they will completely remove them from view. So, they are pratically trashing everything. At this point, they just boycotted their own 17 years board and people will finish tearing it apart in the coming days so yes... It's "No man's Land" from now on.
Don't worry, ArchiveTeam are archiving the boards

Liburnius

I've been trying to do a fair bit of work warning others about the shutdown, including also a link to this forum. We'll see how many souls we can save before February 20th's permanent shutdown of the best, most-interactive parts of IMDB.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Big changes are coming to this forum, so many new features. For every person you bring to this forum, I'm prepared to add even more cool stuff. I'm very passionate to make our new home the most confortable and easy of use that it can be.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
  • I just spent a good part of my day posting on IMDb Facebook pages about this site IMDForums. I posted no pics, as I don't know how to do that and also I'm using a Nook, of which the on-screen keyboard has limited functions. I kept the posts very short & simple. Let's hope FB doesn't delete them. My intention was to bring some more refugees to our site...

duzit

Dear Members,

We are trying really hard to advertise our site without spamming IMDb or getting into trouble for this and we would like to ask you all to help us help IMDb members before it is too late.

We are well aware of the many options out there and even the socalled Look-a-Likes that may or may not give them problems in the future [legal/trademark issues, etc].

But the advertising or convincing the members on IMDb is really hard, especially for just the two of us, and we could deffo use a boost in numbers or atleast spreading the word as much as possible on IMDb and even social media.

If you do feel the same way and already are doing this, please let us know here where you did this and link it too. The more we do that, the more will come to us and all we want is to give the members a safe and dedicated place to be when they shut the boards down.

Thank you all for the effort and time, we hope we can make this a place to be!

I did this today, but posted it in the Advertising thread. Maybe you want to move my post here...

duzit

Just visited IMDb FB, posted a few more IMDForums msg. The posts I did yesterday r still there. So, they have not deleted me. Good news!!!

Arch Stanton

• I just spent a good part of my day posting on IMDb Facebook pages about this site IMDForums. I posted no pics, as I don't know how to do that and also I'm using a Nook, of which the on-screen keyboard has limited functions. I kept the posts very short & simple. Let's hope FB doesn't delete them. My intention was to bring some more refugees to our site...
I'm one of the newly arrived refugees to this forum, glad to have found you. I was quite dismayed to find out just a few days ago that the IMDb message boards are getting the chop. It was definitely my favourite feature. Glad to see they are being archived. Like many on here I'm sure, I not only posted to them but learned a lot from them...

Tuco

Member: Rank 2
I'm one of the newly arrived refugees to this forum, glad to have found you. I was quite dismayed to find out just a few days ago that the IMDb message boards are getting the chop. It was definitely my favourite feature. Glad to see they are being archived. Like many on here I'm sure, I not only posted to them but learned a lot from them...
Welcome, Arch Stanton . . . .

Tuco

Member: Rank 2
As an addendum to my post just above: when I saw member @Arch Stanton 's introduction post, I decided to search Google Images for "Arch Stanton". Through that, I was delighted to find a blog website that is dedicated to actor Lee Van Cleef, which is chock full of photos from his movies AND photos taken by the blog's creator during his visit to various Van Cleef movie locations in Spain and elsewhere. Here is one of the entries with photos:

http://thebadnet.blogspot.com/2014/03/location-sad-hill-ecstasy-of-gold.html

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
So, the title says it all, no need for explanations or arguments about wether or not this should be allowed. This is just one of many crazy and unheard of board arguments that pushed IMDb and Amazon to shut the boards down.

This is my opinion as a member and this is also the reason why I don't like the boards as much as I used to. I read many discussions about how it's "not that bad", but crap like that is not moderated except foul language, yet it still allows calling names like imbecile and stuff like that.

It makes me sad this is considered normal behaviour on IMDb and anyone that is against this is called a snowflake or thin skinned.

Read at your own risk

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3647998/board/nest/265662274?ref_=tt_bd_3

If you have or find any examples like this feel free to share them here and I will add them.

Do NOT start or continue these discussions/arguments here, they will be deleted without notification.

for reading my rant. Carry on, lol.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
My biggest complaint was how there was a very vocal - and growing - group who were simply out to hijack every thread they could for political purposes. Even if it was a benign conversation about something unrelated, someone was bound to come in and turn the conversation around just to start controversy, and then feign offense when called out on it, and then call everyone names if they disagreed with them. I hope we can keep the love going here, because so far, this place is great!

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
Yes, I noticed the same thing. This is just a example of how crazy they can get over a simple question, wich isn't even answered by the ones that are arguing nor does it have any relations to the tv show it's been posted on.

We started this out of love and we are happy to enforce this too. I can promise you that such outrageous arguments or subjects will never happen here, ever.

We encourage the freedom of speech and allow anything to be discussed, but this has to happen in a civil manner and always in respect of each others opinions.

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
One thing to keep in mind is that just because that thread exists doesn't mean more than 10 or 20 people saw it. It's not like it's the lead story on the nightly news.

Are you saying that if that person started that thread here, you'd delete it? Or that you'd let it stand, but delete the post that called the OP an imbecile?

I watched the Warriors game last night and the OKC fans held up signs calling Kevin Durant 'cupcake', 'Mr. Unreliable', 'Koward', etc. These are hurtful things, but acceptable because no one called him 'imbecile' or 'fuckface'?

It's all sports, man. If you start a thread on a TV show board that says 'It's cool to boink your sister', you better have your gloves on. Don't expect a bunch of scientists to respond politely with DNA evidence.

[Edit] I just remembered you're Dutch (I think). The OKC/Durant thing may be unknown to you.

duzit

Was @ IMDb FB just now and there are quite a few people using it to make comments on the subjects that IMDB posts. Either they are not die hard message board users or they have just given in to FB.
Just an observation...♡

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Welcome to the Internet Media Discussion Forums. :)

By the way, you look mighty healthy for someone who has been dead for 155 years, 1 week and 3 days. o_O