Review Passengers (2016)

Anouk

Member: Rank 1
The concept is really cool, I have to admit it, and that's why I saw it, even knowing it was going to be bad. It was not a waste of whole time anyway, Laurence Fishburne did a honest job of the only worthwhile character in the whole mess.

So these are some ideas that could have saved it:
- She never forgives him and they spend 80 years give or take in different areas of the spaceship.
- He wakes not only her but the whole spaceship. They realise they have not enough food, water, energy for everybody so everybody wants him dead and they kill him Lord of the Flies style.
- He wakes only her, but as 80 years of food, water and oxygen for everybody is a lot, they end up starving to death. The rest of the crew and passengers don't have enough to survive those 4 months before reaching Homestead II.
- He and she are at it all day and she gets pregnant. They forbid their children to wake up anybody up, so, like in the problem for the third generation with Adam and Eva, the children have to have sex among themselves to create the third generation.
- Alien (a xenomorph) kills everybody.

These are my ideas. What are yours?

Anouk

Member: Rank 1
And my favourite: They are about to starve, but don't, because they become cannibals who eat the rest of passengers and crew.

Hux

Member: Rank 6
It was a pretty standard plot. Slightly disappointing.

I was hoping after he proposed that he'd slip those sedatives (that Gus didn't use) into her drink and put her in the pod. He'd sacrifice himself so she could live the life she wanted. The movie would end with her waking up and realising what he'd done. It would have been a more ambiguous ending.

It should also be mentioned that... a ship with five thousand people on board only has ONE medical pod? Hmmmmmm.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
mmeuiuihstnofiottppb.jpg

Passengers is a 2016 American science fiction film directed by Morten Tyldum and written by Jon Spaihts.

It stars Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Pratt, Michael Sheen, and Laurence Fishburne.

The story depicts three people who are awakened some 90 years too soon from an induced hibernation on a spaceship bound for a new planet.

The film was released in the United States on December 21, 2016, in 2D and RealD 3D by Columbia Pictures.

It grossed $303 million worldwide.

The film was nominated for Best Original Score and Best Production Design at the 89th Academy Awards.

Cast