Review Nominate a Drama Film You Love

Discussion in 'Drama' started by Doctor Omega, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

You think it is absolutely one of the best dramatic movies ever made.

It doesn't matter if it is not a popular choice, although it can be.

This is your thread... :)

[​IMG]

#1 Doctor Omega, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

Mutiny on the Bounty...

The Marlon Brando version.

I think that this is easily on a par with other versions and it is the version that I watch the most.

Trevor Howard is vicious as Bligh and Marlon, when he isn't deliberately scene stealing, plays Fletcher Christian very effectively, particularly during and after the mutiny.

I still like the other versions and will give THE BOUNTY with Mel and Anthony points for striving for historical accuracy, but I find this first colour version wonderfully cinematic and entertaining!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Towasi

Towasi New Member

Both of these lost millions for their producers:

Mel and Anthony in the underseen version (and I like Trevor and Marlon too). [1:31]

Another underseen movie that might have the best Al Pacino rant ever. [4:37]

• Like Like x 1
  4. duzit

duzit Very Active Member

I like the drama "Atonement" from 2007. It stars Keira Knightly. Starts off a little slow, but as the story unrolls, the twists and turns makes it a very entertaining & thought provoking film. Shows how a slight misunderstanding can change the course of several lives.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Elessar

Elessar New Member

Atonement is one of my beloved drama films too. I don't usually like this genre (drama), but Atonement is good.

The Fall is another superb drama film. It's a wonder they can achieve such a movie without any computer effects.

• Like Like x 1
    #5 Elessar, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  6. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

Towasi, that is a great scene between Anthony Hopkins and Mel Gibson in The Bounty.

Did you know that Christopher Reeve was originally offered the role of Fletcher Christian, but he wouldn't sign the contract, despite Anthony Hopkins ringing him up, urging him to sign it. Enter Mel!

7. mustang2006

mustang2006 New Member

The Godfather

8. Carol

Carol Very Active Member

The Lion in Winter and not just because we're giving honourable mentions to Antony Hopkins. Is there a split-second of wasted screen time from beginning to end? And every time I watch it it gets funnier, and cleverer, and sadder.

Doc, DOC!!!! I went back up to give you a like and add how much I loved the collage- there's a whole rainy afternoon of trying to spot everything and everyone in it - but the Like option has disappeared....oh the horror!

9. Hux

Hux Very Active Member

Shawshank Redemption never seems to lose its gripping-ness.