High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Still not as good as the original, but a decent watch. This movie jumps around so much you feel like you're watching a Tarantino film. The soundtrack is still pretty good.

Just a few of my thoughts on this movie.....
I have always felt that this wouldn't have been a bad movie. If this movie had few cast cameos, got rid the family drama, jail, and the San Francisco stuff. Maybe it would have done better? Another thing was if it focused more on the two main stories and even made them a little stronger. The fans still would hate this movie no matter what. This was mainly due to the lack of no cruising, pranks, jokes, hot rods, & Mel's. I still think what the fans wanted in a sequel, was just another night like the first movie. Maybe they wanted Milner and Farfa to be racers in the dragster parts? To some degree I feel the Graffiti fandom weren't ready to see they're heroes grow up, and move past the cruise. The best parts in this movie are still Milners and Toads story. Someone took the time on Youtube, and pieced together those stories, and it's a good watch on Youtube.

What are your views on this movie? If it was changed up would it have worked? Pros/Cons? Speak your mind.

Toads scenes in More American Graffiti

Milner scenes in More American Graffiti

Last edited:

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
One thing I did like about this movie was the poster work for it. It was simple. I like the black poster over the cartoonish version. That's something I like about movies is the artwork put into posters. I tend to like more the posters that tell the story, or keep it simple. With the first movie it was the same thing I didn't care for the cartoonish theme on it. I happened to find a version of the original movie poster from Japan, and I thought they sold it. I just think at times movie posters should keep it simple, but also show you what in for it.

Which version does everyone like, the black version or the cartoonish style?

1979 More American Graffiti (ing) [de Bill L. Norton] 02.jpg More_American_Graffiti_1979.jpg

Japan American Graffiti poster
IMG_5089.jpg