Review The Missing Episodes

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
You are able to watch all of the RECONSTRUCTED MISSING EPISODES HERE

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlists/user/DavidAgnew/1

Loose Cannon Productions make reconstructions of missing episodes of Doctor Who by using soundtracks, telesnaps, photos, CGI and whatever else they can find!

Which means we get to "watch" such classic episodes as THE EVIL OF THE DALEKS!

Are they an adequate replacement for these lost classics?

And have "watching" these given you any new favourite stories?

Or does being able to "see" them take away their mythical status and make you think that, well, maybe they weren't that good after all?

Feel free to post and discuss them here... and feel free to post alternative reconstructions, from animations to c.g.i.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

It is nice to be able to - kind of - watch these episodes, as just listening to the soundtrack is never quite enough for me.

Recreating episodes that have no telesnaps or clips must have been a right headache though!

Doctor Omega

People are hoping that The Evil of the Daleks will be the next animation, given that Troughton and the Daleks have already been drawn for Power.

Here is a clip that another animation company did of the story from a few years ago, but it did not come to anything...

Doctor Omega

That's true. At one time it seemed as if we would never get to see a good representation of the "Monster Season" at all!

mattohmss

Member: Rank 1
People are hoping that The Evil of the Daleks will be the next animation, given that Troughton and the Daleks have already been drawn for Power.

Here is a clip that another animation company did of the story from a few years ago, but it did not come to anything...

Oh, that's lovely! :-)

Erm... where is everybody?

Doctor Omega

These are well worth picking up.....

NothingattheEndoftheLaneCoversRev4asml.jpg

Years elapse between the release of each new issue, but it turns up loads of information that seems to have passed even Doctor Who Magazine by, particularly around it's chosen focus of the Missing Episodes saga.

I believe that these are all of the issues to date....

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
No sock puppets? I'm out. I refuse to see my favorite television program besmirched in such a way as to not have the characters presented by sock puppets.
If that's how you feel, then have you seen the Peter Davison classic FOUR TO DOOMSDAY?

If I'm not mistaken, Kermit the Frog guest stars as the main villain, Monarch.

And then of course, there's the very next serial, KINDA.

I'm pretty damn sure that big pink snake is a hand puppet.

Hang on, did I actually just type out the words, "big pink snake"?