Information Meeting Celebrities...

Discussion in 'Comics: General' started by Doctor Omega, Feb 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

Meeting celebrities....

Any anecdotes to share?

What celebrities have you met?

And how did it go?

[​IMG]

#1 Doctor Omega, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  2. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Member: Rank 6

My advice is watch the videos on Youtube on what not to do or ask. I have always believed saying "Please and Thank You". Mind your manners, Be Respectful, Don't be rude, or Pushy. Maybe research your questions? This way you can ask something better then the same old questions the celebrities have been asked hundreds of times. That's my views.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

I know what you mean. Some questions can be cringeworthy. One panel was asked to all hum the theme tune to the series that they were in. They slowly and dutifully did so, like trained animals singing for their supper. It was painful to watch.

4. High Plains Drifter

Noticed alot of panel videos have the same questions over and over again. I sit there going come on think of something new. Read up and watch before you say anything that has been asked. Walking Dead panels are the latest cringe worthy ones for me at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

Not been to a Walking Dead one, but I know exactly what you mean.

"What was your favourite episode?" must be near to the top of the list?

6. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

I met Colin "Doctor Who" Baker.

[​IMG]

He had strong views on the new version of the show, feeling that it was all getting too complicated. Peter Purves, who was on the show in the 1960's agreed with him.

Somebody in the audience made the mistake of asking him who his favourite Doctor was. He declined to answer, saying he disagreed with polls, because somebody has to end up on the bottom. "Usually me!" he added. Peter Purves said that his favourite was William Hartnell, adding with good humour that he was sat next to the least popular Doctor ever, "without exception!" Even Colin smiled at that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. High Plains Drifter

I'm a fan of Michael Rooker fan so Season 3 Episode 15 - This Sorrowful Life.

As far as famous people go I just don't bug them online. They don't have conventions in my area. They have one but it's slowly building up, but still just small comic stuff. I don't like having to drive 2 hours to the city, then fight for parking, and etc. I would like to go to Lexicon or a Horror Con one of these days. Even any con where the place is attached to a hotel making it easier to attend.

I just figured celebs just like to be treated like normal folks, and like good questions. I'm one of these people that would ask a good question just to stump them. Plus I was always raised to be nice to people and hold open doors. I like showing everyone around me respect. It doesn't matter who you are, or what you do. I will treat everyone the same. That's just me is all. Only famous people I've ever met was bands like Mushroom Head and Dope. I kinda got away from the concert scene past few years.

• Like Like x 1
    #7 High Plains Drifter, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017