Controversial Marilyn Monroe Conspiracy: Was She Murdered?

Discussion in 'True Crime' started by Doctor Omega, Mar 20, 2017.

?

Was Marylin Monroe Murdered?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

[​IMG]

Accident?

Suicide?

Or was Marylin, in your opinion, murdered?

And, if so, by whom - and why?

#1 Doctor Omega, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  2. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

I think that there are certainly - at the very least - questions surrounding the behaviour of the housekeeper and the doctor.

Whether that spirals outward into a governmental conspiracy, I am not so sure.....

I don't know if this one can be solved now with any definite conclusiveness....

3. Hux

Hux Very Active Member

Don't know enough about it but plenty of celebs had overdosed enough for it not to be too unlikely.

What's the conspiracy here? The Kennedys?

4. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

There was rumoured involvement regarding both JFK and Bobby....

5. The Seeker

The Seeker Active Member

I agree with Hux, she could have overdosed. She probably wasn't happy about how Hollywood treated her and found solace in drugs. That's all conjecture, of course - the whole topic is, unfortunately. Was an autopsy done?

6. Amyghost

Amyghost New Member

Easy to dismiss her death as just being another in the unending vortex of Kennedy conspiracy/murder theories, but there does seem to be a fair amount of evidence suggesting she might have made herself a potential embarrassment or worse by going public with her affairs with both JFK and RFK (which appear, at this date, to be well-substantiated enough in both men's cases to be a bit more than simply rumor). She could have made herself vulnerable to being dispatched by someone who was 'helping' the brothers--not necessarily at either's behest--or by one or another underworld figure whom she might have crossed, wittingly or unwittingly, during her Hollywood career. IIRC, there was an autopsy and the chemical sludge extracted from her stomach was consistent with barbiturate overdose, though of course such findings only show the presence of such substances, not how they got there.

I pretty much agree that at this late date there's not much way of establishing with any real certainty whether she died by her own hand or another's. Hers was a pretty sad life in many respects, one of the saddest points being that in her case, either scenario was far from impossible to have occurred.

• Like Like x 1