Review Knock Knock (2017)

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Possibly... It depends upon the era in which it was made.

So many treasures - probably lost forever.

Mind you, I bet that every minute of reality TV that has ever been filmed still exists... :emoji_angry:

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
I like this one, but not as much as last week's. Again Nardole gets left out of the action, poor guy.

I like that the Doctor was able to save the day with reason and compassion. I hate to admit I was a little disappointed that everyone survived. Death is pretty gutsy but NuWho is too tame for that, it seems. At least Classic Who had the guts to kill Adric and Peri (until they backpedaled on the latter -not too gutsy on their part) but like a soap opera, dead people don't stay dead.

So the guy (or gal) in the vault plays piano? Intriguing!

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I thought KNOCK KNOCK was the usual painfully average and predictable fare, with the usual substandard acting from the younger characters, lifted only by the last scenes with quality actors having a showdown and resolution.

And I include Pearl as one of those quality performers.

I think that she is too good for the character and material that she is being asked to play.

I suspect that Hollywood beckons for Pearl Mackie.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I was underwhelmed (why is no one ever just whelmed?). It had a nice, creepy atmosphere, with the setting of the house at first reminding me very much of Ghost Light. I loved the touch of Bill calling The Doctor "Grandfather". It felt especially sweet since they had already shown the picture of Susan this series. And Capaldi was equal parts manic and genius in this episode. But I didn't care for the whole space lice thing, and the elder landlord was great at first, but seemed a bit too obvious in his actions when talking with the kids in the house. And yes, the fact that they restored the kids who were taken (but nobody else?) was another "death just can't happen in a family show".

I did enjoy it, but it certainly wasn't the best so far. Two out of five chainsaws.

So the guy (or gal) in the vault plays piano? Intriguing!
He took Liberace before he died. The only way to save the universe is with a candelabra and gold trim.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I now need to rewatch this latest episode. It actually escaped me during the viewing that that was the great David Suchet in the episode! I'm going to chalk up any fault in his performance to the director.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Unfortunately, for me, KNOCK KNOCK was another case of a DOCTOR WHO serial that was a "filler" rather then a "pillar". I was more interested in what might be coming next week, rather than what had been on this week. Bill Potts continues to annoy the shit out of me. She's just recently shared three dangerous adventures with the Doctor - adventures that she could never even perceived as being possible in her wildest dreams - and yet she still lacks the basic common sense to realize when he might be on to something.

And as a fan of NCS: MANHUNT, POIROT and David Suchet's work in general, I have long anticipated his appearance in DOCTOR WHO. I even imagined what it might be like to have him spend a few years in control of the TARDIS...

What a criminal fucking waste of his talents!