Review I want to BE River Song when I grow up and other timey whimey Doc. Who things!

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
So yes, it's true. When and/or if I ever grow up (you know, "officially"), I want to be River Song Phd... archeologist! She's the best TARDIS pilot, is equally at home with a sonic lipstick or a gun and is generally, in my mind, one of the most interesting women ever to hit the Universe with The Doctor; usually with him being in tow! What's not to like? She's the dancing bunnies embodied!

And this, in case you couldn't tell, is the "wacky" Doctor thread. Feel free to come here to share the ridiculous, the absurd and the generally insane moments or thoughts that the show has generated for you! I'm not saying don't support your ideas or avoid disagreeing with the thoughts of another but more that we're here to have fun with our ideas and maybe even create some crazy new ones of our own.

I have no way of predicting what will end up on this thread (and wouldn't even want to try) but I do live in hope that whatever it may be, it will be fun, funny, thoughtful or thought-free and bottom line, a good time.

Also, I get dibs on Peter Capaldi's TARDIS because I love the bookshelves, the nooks and crannies to rest in and the fact that his is the one that looks the most lived in. So, because I started the thread, I get it! Besides, I also happen to think that it's the one that "Sexy" would like the best too (you'll have to think back to get "Sexy" and I wonder how many of you will remember that very important character/presence in Matt Smith's tenure........

Have fun Cats & Kittens..... here we go!

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: and for River......:emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I have my time with The Doctor all planned out. I'll hit the dates of release of all of the premiere comic book issues (Action #1, Detective Comics #27, Amazing Tales #15, etc.). Two issues each, one for me, and one to sell. Then, I want to find Jack the Ripper. I just have to know. Then into the future, to see if they have a magic pill that causes you to lose a massive amount of weight and gain a better complexion. Then after the usual monster fighting, I will take my cue from Sylvester McCoy, who claimed he would go back to "Bethlehem, 4 BCE...just to be sure".

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
So yes, it's true. When and/or if I ever grow up (you know, "officially"), I want to be River Song Phd... archeologist! She's the best TARDIS pilot, is equally at home with a sonic lipstick or a gun and is generally, in my mind, one of the most interesting women ever to hit the Universe with The Doctor; usually with him being in tow! What's not to like? She's the dancing bunnies embodied!
I certainly like River Song and - along with Captain Jack Harkness, Wilfred Mott, Rory Williams and Nardole - is in my top five favourite characters from New Who. However, when it comes to being the best TARDIS pilot, she is certainly not any better at it than Lady Romanadvoratrelundar was - especially in her first incarnation.
Also, I get dibs on Peter Capaldi's TARDIS because I love the bookshelves, the nooks and crannies to rest in and the fact that his is the one that looks the most lived in. So, because I started the thread, I get it! Besides, I also happen to think that it's the one that "Sexy" would like the best too (you'll have to think back to get "Sexy" and I wonder how many of you will remember that very important character/presence in Matt Smith's tenure...
Yes, I remember that character.

However, you are quite welcome to the Matt Smith / Peter Capaldi console room, because I want the original William Hartnell console room, complete with antique furniture, Fault Locator, food machine, oscillating time column and roundels - why does no one in New Who ever remember what they're called?
PHOTOGRAPH - TARDIS Console Room.jpg
Oh yeah... :emoji_relaxed:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
However, you are quite welcome to the Matt Smith / Peter Capaldi console room, because I want the original William Hartnell console room, complete with antique furniture, Fault Locator, food machine, oscillating time column and roundels - why does no one in New Who ever remember what they're called?
Damn. I was hoping to call dibs on that one. I will, then, take the wood panel console room from Tom Baker's run. There's something very comforting about that one.

Not only do they never remember the name, but neither 10 nor 11 have any idea what they do, when 5 and 6 were both seen pulling one off occasionally to rewire something or fix something, like when 6 repaired the Chameleon Circuit, with disastrous results.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Damn. I was hoping to call dibs on that one. I will, then, take the wood panel console room from Tom Baker's run. There's something very comforting about that one.
Good choice. A nice armchair comes with that one.
Not only do they never remember the name, but neither 10 nor 11 have any idea what they do, when 5 and 6 were both seen pulling one off occasionally to rewire something or fix something, like when 6 repaired the Chameleon Circuit, with disastrous results.
I think the less we speculate about what 5 or 6 may have occasionally been seen pulling off, the better. :emoji_innocent:

Of course, back then, the Doctor was young, dumb and full of Artron energy...

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Also, I get dibs on Peter Capaldi's TARDIS because I love the bookshelves,
Quite right too, those dibs are all yours, petal! To my shame I have an unassembled bookcase gathering cobwebs in its box since the house-move before last, so in theory am as bookshelved as I deserve to be.
I would cherish a chunk of Tardis coral to grow up into my own new one - I have quite green fingers but that would be a challenge I'd enjoy.
Sweet, sassy, stunning River Song- it just doesn't get better than when she turns up. And not that impressed by Clara I think - a trait bound to commend itself to me. I mean, the little twerp who replaced her mum and dad - as if!

Now, the row that led the Doctor to living with otters... I wonder what that was about really?

Last edited:

Carol

Member: Rank 5
that was kind of a cool idea
Totally - the little Adipose were so sweet, and harmless as far as I could tell, until Mad Nanny went all doomsday switch on the process. The Doctor waved them off cheerfully too, and his instincts for a wrong 'un are to be trusted.
I think perhaps the excellent Russell T. has the credit for introducing more benevolent (or harmless) aliens than anyone else - who doesn't love an Ood, honestly? And most of the crew and passengers in Voyage of the Damned (except the evil yuppie) were perfectly charming...