Review How to Train Your Dragon (2010)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

How to Train Your Dragon is a 2010 American 3D computer-animated action-fantasy film produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Paramount Pictures.1 Loosely based on the British book series of the same name by Cressida Cowell, the film was directed by Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois, the duo who directed Disney's Lilo & Stitch. It stars the voices of Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler, Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill, T.J. Miller, Kristen Wiig, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse.

The film was released March 26, 2010, and was a critical and commercial success, earning acclaim from film critics and audiences and earning nearly $500 million worldwide. It was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Score at the 83rd Academy Awards, but lost to Toy Story 3 and The Social Network, respectively. The movie also won ten Annie Awards, including Best Animated Feature.

A sequel, How to Train Your Dragon 2, was released on June 13, 2014, with Deblois writing and directing by himself. Much like its predecessor, the sequel was also universally acclaimed and became a box office success. A second sequel, How to Train Your Dragon 3 is to be released on March 1, 2019. The film's success has also inspired other merchandise, including a video game and a television series.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
This is just a fun film. Greatly entertaining with a solid storyline, good for both children & adults. The
animation & audio are excellently done. And, did I mention there is an adorable dragon, whom I
would adopt in a heartbeat. Just imagine flying wherever he could take you. Oh, I do happen to like
dragons, good or bad. But I much prefer the nice docile ones...