Have to start this place with something

Discussion in 'Star Talk: Other Crew' started by mustang2006, Apr 13, 2017.

1. mustang2006

mustang2006 Member: Rank 2

Suzanne de Passe who executive produced Lonesome Dove some years ago is now executive producing a Lifetime movie about the last two years of Michael Jackson's life. Should be interesting.
    upload_2017-4-13_16-18-7.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carol

Carol Member: Rank 5

Respect your initiative in trying something here, Mustang. (Checked your profile, guess I won't be calling you Sally...)

Trouble is (for me) there isn't a thread for Men and Film to match. Women are like men - but without the penises (apologies to my pre-op transgender sisters of course) - it's an old, old battle - to gently nudge well-meaning guys to realise that providing any "Women's equivalency" speciality option is a little bit token, a little bit ghetto. We are 51% of the world's population, and while I respect all minorities, men included, I never bought Playgirl or "ladies" cigarettes either.

Or am I wrong?

3. The Seeker

The Seeker Member: Rank 4

I bought Playgirl once. I showed it to my brother and he said he was bigger than those guys.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Carol

Carol Member: Rank 5

Sometimes it's good to realise there's the occasional benefit of being an only child!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ant-mac

ant-mac Administrator
    Staff Member

@mustang2006, @Carol, @The Seeker...

I agree absolutely with the point made by Carol, that there was no equivalent forum for men and that it was inappropriate - even though I am certain that it was well-meant. I had very similar thoughts the first time I saw the title WOMEN & FILM. Unfortunately, I was unable to take action until now.

I have therefore moved the two threads from WOMEN & FILM to more appropriate forums and will be closing it down.

• Like Like x 2