Review Harry O (1973)

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Another well loved seventies American detective show. David Janssen was terrific as was Anthony Zerbre. I read that Janssen was so upset at the shows cancellation that he vowed never to work in tv again.

Amyghost

Member: Rank 3
Some love for the always fine Henry Darrow, as Harry's first police ally Manny Quinlan, is also in order; but I agree the chemistry between Zerbe and Janssen was terrific. I rank this as one of the three in my personal Holy Triumvirate of seventies detective series, up there with Columbo and The Rockford Files; this series was another excellent example of a stereotypical and hackneyed television genre being given new life through good writing and even better performances.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
grwg.jpg

Harry Orwell is a world-weary private investigator who was forced to leave the San Diego Police Department after a bullet became lodged near his spine. He lived on the beach, and, when not working on a current case, spent much of his time fixing up his boat, which was called The Answer. Harry O was unusual in that he didn't own a flashy car in which to conduct high-speed chases, preferring to ride the bus instead.