Review Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 (2017) May 5th

Discussion in 'Summer Movies' started by Doctor Omega, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

[​IMG]

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team Guardians of the Galaxy, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is intended to be the sequel to 2014's Guardians of the Galaxy and the fifteenth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film is written and directed by James Gunn and stars an ensemble cast featuring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan, Sean Gunn, Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russell. In Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the Guardians travel throughout the cosmos as they help Peter Quill learn more about his true parentage.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was officially announced at San Diego Comic-Con International 2014 before the theatrical release of the first film, along with Gunn's involvement once again, with the title of the film revealed a year later in June 2015. The film began principal photography in February 2016 at Pinewood Atlanta Studios in Fayette County, Georgia, and concluded in June 2016.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is scheduled to be released on May 5, 2017, in 3D and IMAX 3D.

#1 Doctor Omega, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  2. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

The first one was a pleasant surprise. although I had barely read the comic book over the years, so had no preconceived ideas of how the characters should be - and I keep hoping for more Howard the Duck in this one! :)

3. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

Did critics like the latest Marvel Guardians movie?

_90009281_gotg976.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 isn't out until 5 May but in an unusual move, Marvel has allowed a group of critics to offer their verdict extra early.

The film was unveiled for a group of press on Monday night who have been allowed to offer reaction as long as they don't give away any spoilers.

And it's all looking pretty positive for the team of superheroes.

Collider's Steve Weintraub weeted that the film "kept a smile on my face from beginning to end."

He added: "Funny, action packed, emotional, and tons of surprises. Thumbs up."

Hollywood Reporter's Aaron Couch tweeted "Don't think I've heard so much laughter at a press screening. People seemed to really be digging Guardians Vol. 2. Can't say more (yet)."

Fandango's Erik Davies wrote: "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is exciting, funny, gorgeous & a helluva tearjerker. For many, it will become their new favourite Marvel movie."

And Mashable's movie reporter Angie J Han tweeted: "I say without hyperbole: #GotGVol2 is MCU at its very best. Grand adventure with intimate stakes. Uses every damn colour in the crayon box."

Guardians 2 picks up on the adventures of Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Drax (Dave Bautista), Rocket (Bradley Cooper) and Baby Groot (Vin Diesel).

Official reviews aren't due out until next week so the fact Disney and Marvel relaxed the rules on this occasion is probably a sign of how confident they are about the sequel.

The film opens in the UK on 28 April and in the US on 5 May.

And there's more good news for Guardians fans - director James Gunn will be directing Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3.

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-announced.2148/

"In the end, my love for Rocket, Groot, Gamora, Star-Lord, Yondu, Mantis, Drax, and Nebula - and some of the other forthcoming heroes - goes deeper than you guys can possibly imagine, and I feel they have more adventures to go on and things to learn about themselves and the wonderful and sometimes terrifying universe we all inhabit," he told fans in his post on Tuesday.

4. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Very Active Member

I hope they come out with another mix tape like they did for the 1st one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Very Active Member

I'm so pumped for this movie. I loved the first one, and really dug the comics. I really love the character of Rocket, and I'm glad he transferred well from page to screen.

• Like Like x 1
  6. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Very Active Member

Watched Jimmy Kimmel just for the cast of Guardians last night.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Just home from watching it. It opened this week in Australia. Its a fantastic movie. Lots of laugh out loud moments but still managed to have a heart.

• Like Like x 1
  8. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Very Active Member

Sweet! It opens next Friday here, and I think my son and I are going to go.

9. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Definitely worth the money. My kids (and me and my wife) all loved it.

• Love it! Love it! x 1