Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
asffa.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

When the network of satellites designed to control the global climate starts to attack Earth, it's a race against the clock for its creator to uncover the real threat before a worldwide Geostorm wipes out everything and everyone.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Full Trailer: Gerard Butler In “Geostorm”

full-trailer-gerard-butler-in-geostorm-696x464.jpg

Following the first teaser the other month, Warner Bros. Pictures and Skydance have now released the full trailer for the Gerard Butler-led, Dean Devlin-directed global disaster film “Geostorm”.

After an unprecedented series of natural disasters threatened the planet, the world’s leaders came together to create an intricate network of satellites to control the global climate.

But now, something has gone wrong – the system built to protect the Earth is attacking it, and it’s a race against the clock to uncover the real threat before a worldwide geostorm wipes out everything.

Jim Sturgess, Abbie Cornish, Andy Garcia, Ed Harris and Daniel Wu also star in the film which opens October 20th.

Doctor Omega

Warners Premieres The “Geostorm” Poster

warners-premieres-the-geostorm-poster-696x464.jpg

Warner Bros. Pictures and Skydance have premiered a new poster for the Gerard Butler-led global disaster film “Geostorm”.

Set after an unprecedented series of natural disasters threatened the planet, the world’s leaders came together to create an intricate network of satellites to control the global climate and keep everyone safe.

But now, something has gone wrong – the system built to protect the Earth is attacking it, and it’s a race against the clock to uncover the real threat before a worldwide geostorm wipes out everything.

Dean Devlin makes his feature film directorial debut with the suspense thriller starring Butler, Jim Sturgess, Abbie Cornish, Alexandra Maria Lara, Daniel Wu, Ed Harris and Andy Garcia. The film opens October 20th.

Doctor Omega

Butler Injected With Bee Venom For “Geostorm”

butler-injected-with-bee-venom-for-geostorm-696x464.jpg

Gerard Butler is kind of crazy, and certainly willing to go the extra length to take on a challenge such as he did for this week’s weather global disaster film “Geostorm”.

Appearing on ITV’s “Lorraine” in the UK (via Cinema Blend), Butler spoke about his time on the set of the Dean Devlin directed sci-fi film and says that he went so far as to inject himself with bee venom for the shoot because he’d heard of its medicinal qualities.

Injections of the natural toxin are used to treat numerous conditions including rheumatoid arthritis, neuralgia, tendonitis, fibromyositis, enthesitis and MS. As a bunch of the film’s shoot involved him wearing a heavy space suit for hours at a time, he was after something that would ease muscle pain. Then things went wrong:

“I had heard of this guy who injected bee venom, because apparently it has many anti-inflammatory compounds. So, I’m like, ‘Come, come to New Orleans where we’re filming.’ So, he gives me a shot, and I go, ‘Oh, that’s interesting,’ because it stings. Then he gives me 10 shots, and then I have the worst reaction. I kind of enter this anaphylactic shock. It was terrible. It was awful, creepy crawlies all over me, swelled up, heart’s going to explode. But I got through it, and then I find out he gave me 10 times too much.”

The bee venom treatment is normally a ten-week process, but whomever applied it decided to give the actor all ten shots at once. A few weeks later he went ahead and had the treatment again, this time he was sure to only get the appropriate dose. That didn’t help though as he still ended up back in hospital.

“Geostorm” opens in cinemas today.