Review Frozen (2013)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Frozen is a 2013 American 3D computer-animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is the 53rd Disney animated feature film. Inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale "The Snow Queen"

Frozen premiered at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, California, on November 19, 2013, and went into general theatrical release on November 27. It was met with strongly positive reviews from critics and audiences, with some film critics considering Frozen to be the best Disney animated feature film since the studio's renaissance era. The film was also a massive commercial success; it accumulated nearly $1.3 billion in worldwide box office revenue, $400 million of which was earned in the United States and Canada and $247 million of which was earned in Japan. It ranks as the highest-grossing animated film of all time, the third-highest-grossing original film of all time, the ninth-highest-grossing film of all time, the highest-grossing film of 2013, and the third-highest-grossing film in Japan. With over 18 million home media sales in 2014, it became the best-selling film of the year in the United States. By January 2015, Frozen had become the all-time best-selling Blu-ray Disc in the United States.

Frozen won two Academy Awards for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song ("Let It Go"),the Golden Globe Award for Best Animated Feature Film, the BAFTA Award for Best Animated Film, five Annie Awards (including Best Animated Feature), two Grammy Awards for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media and Best Song Written for Visual Media ("Let It Go"), and two Critics' Choice Movie Awards for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song ("Let It Go").

An animated short sequel, Frozen Fever, premiered on March 13, 2015, with Disney's Cinderella.[16] On March 12, 2015, a feature-length sequel was announced, with Buck and Lee returning as directors and Peter Del Vecho returning as producer. A release date has not been disclosed.

and then there was that song, of course....

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Maybe three really fantastic songs but once you get past that, I think this film is pretty damn overrated.

I guess there's a half decent feminist message in there somewhere but again, I think that is over stated by its fans a tad.

The Seeker

I think the feminist message (a big step for Disney) was that Elsa saved Anna with her true love, rather than a man. A villain in the original story, I did like that they made Elsa sympathetic.

Peeves: I didn't care for Olaf and the villains were a little over the top for me.

Hux

What I didn't like about the Hans being a bad guy was that it kinda ruined the song "Love is an open door." These two sing it (a song about being open to love, I guess??) then later of course, it turns out that Hans is a dick. So what were they saying here? Love shouldn't be an open door? Love should be a closed door that you occasional peek through?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Ryan Reynolds Has Had Enough of 'Frozen'

Ryan Reynolds divulged to Ellen that his two young daughters can't start a day without watching "Frozen," and he has had enough of it. The Hollywood heartthrob also chatted about getting a bad haircut in Abu Dhabi, and spending Thanksgiving with his family there, and the upcoming PG-13 version of his hit R-rated film "Deadpool 2" called “Once Upon a Deadpool”.