Information Flynn seeks immunity for testimony.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
If, five years ago, someone had made a political drama or thriller that mirrored the events we've witnessed over the course of the last year, critics would have called it a load of bullshit that could never happen.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I generally find the whole thing quite entertaining.

Until I remember just how much power these people actually have.

ant-mac

I generally find the whole thing quite entertaining.
Yes, I haven't laughed so hard since the stock market crash under George W Bush. Every day I'd turn the TV on to watch the news to hear about what new catastrophe had overtaken the global financial system - and every day I'd be sitting there laughing my arse off just a little bit harder. Those people were doing it all to themselves... And they're doing it all to themselves again.
Until I remember just how much power these people actually have.
Oh well, we're all probably screwed, so we might as well get some popcorn, find a comfortable seat and enjoy the show.

Gavin

VIP
Those people were doing it all to themselves... And they're doing it all to themselves again.
You'd think they'd learn wouldn't you? But we're doing the same thing here. Tax cuts for businesses to boost the economy? My sister (who owns a small business) is already planning another overseas holiday. No extra staff for them.

ant-mac

You'd think they'd learn wouldn't you? But we're doing the same thing here. Tax cuts for businesses to boost the economy? My sister (who owns a small business) is already planning another overseas holiday. No extra staff for them.
Yeah.

Low-paid workers get a wage cut and big business gets a tax cut.

Trickle down economics my arse...

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I'm begging at this point. Can any of you take in a refugee family from the US? I'd ask ant-mac, but I don't know that my arachnophobia would allow me to live in Australia.

Trickle down economics my arse...
Yup. And I've met so many people who still believe that it works, even when it's been proven not to. This is the county I live in.

ant-mac

I'm begging at this point. Can any of you take in a refugee family from the US? I'd ask ant-mac, but I don't know that my arachnophobia would allow me to live in Australia.
Spiders bother you? I've got huntsmen spiders all over the place, but they're mostly harmless. Just check the toilet seat for redbacks or cottontips and you'll be fine. If a cottontip bites you, it can poison and kill off the area around the bite - meaning you need to have that bit of you removed. However, there is one species of spider up north that will actually attack you and chase you - a real nasty little fucker.

Of course, that's just the small stuff. If you go for a swim, watch out for barracuda, crocodiles, a variety of deadly, man-eating sharks and various types of jellyfish. The sting of some of those jellyfish can be lethal and as for the Tiger shark and Great White shark... Well, there's a reason why they filmed various parts of JAWS - the shark attack on the underwater cage - off the coast of SA.

Of course, back on land, bearing in mind that crocodiles can come out of the water and "take you" if you're not careful, there are numerous species of deadly snakes roaming around the place. In fact, we've got some of the deadliest snakes on the planet roaming about all over the bush. In the old days, if you got bit by one, your only chance of survival was to get a good mate to suck the poison out quickly. Of course, if you got bit on the cock or the arse, you'd need a really, really good mate to suck the poison out quickly.

However, none of the above compare to the deadliest and worse predator of all. It is a creature that can fill an Aussie's heart with fear just by mentioning its name. You never know where or when you'll encounter one. It could be at midday or midnight. There's no way you can prepare yourself for the experience and very few who have met one are capable of talking about it afterwards - should they be lucky enough to survive. I am referring, of course, to the notorious and seldom seen dropbear...
Yup. And I've met so many people who still believe that it works, even when it's been proven not to. This is the county I live in.
Well, you shouldn't be surprised, mate.

How many of your fellow Americans believe that the Bible tells the literal truth or that the Moon landings were faked...? And people think that Hollywood is the home of fairy tales and make-believe...

Gavin

VIP
I am referring, of course, to the notorious and seldom seen dropbear
I was wondering when you were going to mention the dropbear. All of the other animals you mentioned are cuddly in comparison. Of course, most Aussies know the secret to avoiding dropbears is
vegemite behind the ears.

ant-mac

I was wondering when you were going to mention the dropbear. All of the other animals you mentioned are cuddly in comparison. Of course, most Aussies know the secret to avoiding dropbears is
vegemite behind the ears.
Oh yes, I always keep a jar handy. It comes in so handy for so many other things too.

It's brilliant on toast with a cuppa, it adds an extra bite to a serving of stew and if you paint the underside of your car with it, it prevents stones from chipping away at your paintjob.

chainsaw_metal1

As if I weren't terrified of the continent of Australia. I find my self suddenly incontinent.

And people think that Hollywood is the home of fairy tales and make-believe...
Wait..what are you trying to say? Are you telling me the things I see onscreen aren't real? Suddenly I'm questioning everything in my life.

I need some time alone. Where's my Vegemite?

ant-mac

As if I weren't terrified of the continent of Australia. I find my self suddenly incontinent.
Why are you scared of Australia? Donald Trump's in America.
Wait..what are you trying to say? Are you telling me the things I see onscreen aren't real? Suddenly I'm questioning everything in my life.
Well, obviously DOCTOR WHO and STAR TREK are the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth... But trust nothing else.
I need some time alone. Where's my Vegemite?
Have you checked the underside of your car?

chainsaw_metal1

Why are you scared of Australia? Donald Trump's in America.
Orange cheeto monster vs. eight legged spawn of hell...might as well drop me off in the Neutral Zone with a sandwich board that says "I hate Romulans" with choices like that.

Well, obviously DOCTOR WHO and STAR TREK are the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth... But trust nothing else.
Suddenly I feel better about my life. And I'll quit waiting for my letter from Hogwarts.

Have you checked the underside of your car?
All I found was oil dripping from the front, and something else dripping from the trunk. On a completely unrelated note, the knocking from the trunk stopped several days ago. Time to go for a nice long hike in the woods, I'd say.

ant-mac

Orange cheeto monster vs. eight legged spawn of hell...might as well drop me off in the Neutral Zone with a sandwich board that says "I hate Romulans" with choices like that.
Eight-legged spawn of hell?!

I'll have you know that she has a name... Gladys Moncrieff. In fact, I named all of my spawns of... err, arachnid companions Gladys Moncrieff.

And don't worry about the Romulans, I've been working on reuniting them with their Vulcan cousins and so far, the early results are... Well, they're not promising to be honest. However, Romulus is currently being threatened by a supernova, so just as soon as I use some red matter to create an artificial black hole and consume the supernova, Romulus will be saved and everything will come up smelling of roses. Trust me.
Suddenly I feel better about my life. And I'll quit waiting for my letter from Hogwarts.
Don't worry, that feeling will pass.

Ah, were you hoping to receive an autographed photo of Hermione? You know... The one where she's got that smouldering look in her eyes and she's leaning forward ever so slightly, so that you can see right down her top? It always provides just the sort of stimulation you need when you're... err, practising with your... err, magic wand.
All I found was oil dripping from the front, and something else dripping from the trunk. On a completely unrelated note, the knocking from the trunk stopped several days ago. Time to go for a nice long hike in the woods, I'd say.
Yes, a large car boot can be an enormous asset to you when things don't quite turn out as you thought they would. Well, if you ask me, you shouldn't hitch-hike if you don't have a sense of adventure... I mean that guy and his girlfriend were practically asking for... a friendly lift to the next town with no hassles whatsoever. I don't know what happened to them. They said something about wanting to get away from it all for a while.

That's all I know about it. Honest...

ant-mac

It's a good thing you never pursued a career in the tourism industry, you would have sucked at it.
:emoji_cry:

Maybe, maybe not. There are people out there who's idea of an ideal vacation is holidaying in a war zone.

They'd gladly buy tickets for the maiden voyage of the Titanic, knowing full well that it'll sink and that as they're in steerage class, they've got no hope of getting a place on a lifeboat.