Fun Favorite Youtube channels

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I have no idea what will or won't become popular on YouTube - actually, it's normally the exact opposite to what I expect - but Nick seems like a pleasant lad. Good luck to him.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Both of my boys (12 & 11) recently announced their career plans to become youtubers. I guess that means they're not planning on moving out any time soon :emoji_wink:
Well, my boy's 14, so maybe they'll all hit it big and we can live off of their successes.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
How many subscribers do you need to be able to monetise it?
You get paid per view rather than per subscriber. Having subscribers just means you're more likely to have regular viewers rather than relying on people finding your individual videos by chance. And even viewers don't mean you get paid unless they watch the ads. The amount varies significantly but you can earn somewhere between $5 and $10 per 1000 ad views. So you're looking at around 10 million ad views per year to make a living from it.

It's also something to think about when you're watching a youtube video. If you want the creator to be able to make money you need to watch the ads rather than just press skip.

Hux

It's also something to think about when you're watching a youtube video. If you want the creator to be able to make money you need to watch the ads rather than just press skip.
I always press skip with the possible exception of an ad that grabs me in those first few seconds. Never realised I had to watch them for the creator to make money.

Gavin

VIP
I always press skip with the possible exception of an ad that grabs me in those first few seconds. Never realised I had to watch them for the creator to make money.
Yeah I wasn't aware of it myself until I looked into it. I still usually skip ads but for a few creators I'll make an exception and endure the ads (usually with my volume muted and averting my eyes for it's duration).

Hux

I like Vsauce, Your movie sucks (YMS), Ralph the movie maker, various ASMR artists.

I've occasionally watched Sargon of Akkad, Thunderf00t, Philip DeFranco, GradeAunderA.

I tend not to invest much in any of them though. Sometimes, you just wanna good cat video.