Review Echo and the Bunnymen

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Another fab eighties band and still going! Consistently good, not really changed style at all, which I love. Can't think of a disappointing album. " Siberia" best of recent times and " Heaven Up Here" from the early days.

michaellevenson

This band is so great. I was lucky to see them live about 9 years ago.
Nice to find another Bunnymen fan. The latest release " Meteorites" seems as fresh as their early material.
Favourite album has to be Heaven Up Here. Ian McCulloch's solo stuff is good too, his latest LP had a , now poignant song, asking David Bowie if he's okay and was a homage to a hero of his. I think the album is called Pro Patra Mori . His first solo release Candleland is special too. Also McCulloch and Sergent released one album under the name Electrafixion which I recommend.

michaellevenson

I know McCulloch thought it was rather hurtful and treacherous to have the Bunnymen release an album without him, but the 1990 work " Reverberation" I thought was okay.
Noel Burke on vocals

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
Nice to find another Bunnymen fan. The latest release " Meteorites" seems as fresh as their early material.
Favourite album has to be Heaven Up Here. Ian McCulloch's solo stuff is good too, his latest LP had a , now poignant song, asking David Bowie if he's okay and was a homage to a hero of his. I think the album is called Pro Patra Mori . His first solo release Candleland is special too. Also McCulloch and Sergent released one album under the name Electrafixion which I recommend.
I really need to listen to McCullochs solo stuff.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
This is from McCulloch's solo album " Pro Patria Mori" a track called" Me and David Bowie" Ian obviously had an inkling something wasn't right.

Well, it was written in 2012 or something and at that time Bowie had been out of the picture for 8 years. Only appearing at some fashion events with his wife. He had a slight heart problem.
So at the time Ian wrote the song, Bowie was working on his own music and doing ok and he released the album The Next Day in 2013.
Anyway, I listened to the song this morning and I really like it. I really like this part "...And how to wear my overcoat so cool that I could freeze the sun".

michaellevenson

Well, it was written in 2012 or something and at that time Bowie had been out of the picture for 8 years. Only appearing at some fashion events with his wife. He had a slight heart problem.
So at the time Ian wrote the song, Bowie was working on his own music and doing ok and he released the album The Next Day in 2013.
Anyway, I listened to the song this morning and I really like it. I really like this part "...And how to wear my overcoat so cool that I could freeze the sun".
A great Bunnymen song from the McCullochless Reverberation album.